show quality betta help and suggestions please

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I am interested in getting my first (or maybe first few) show quality bettas. I want males and females so I could breed them if I decide to go that route. Where are the best places to get high quality bettas? How do you judge how high quality a particular Betta is? What do you look for if you are considering getting a pair to breed? Should they be fairly similar in appearance, drastically different, or somewhere in between?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A lot of members use Aquabid, or pm Martinismommy. She will let you know if she has any available, but wil not discuss these things on the public forum for obvious reasons.

As for picking a show quality betta, there's the IBC website (You'll have to google it I'm afraid) that will tell you what characteristics they look for in show bettas!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I highly recommend MartinsMommy and her Bettas. I got my boy Wriggley from her and I know quiet a few other members that also have some of her bettas that she's raised.

Ken

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I will pm her for sure.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah!!

She takes great care and pride raising her bettas. The way Wriggley was shipped to me was also amazing as I had never had a fish shipped to me before.

Wriggley arrived within 36 hours from the time she shipped him to me.

Please keep us posted

Ken

JRDroid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know you said she doesn't lime prices being discussed in open forum, but can you tell me about what shipping cost? Or at least what % of the total cost was shipping?

Tigerfishy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I too ordered fish through the post recently, I was amazed it could be done, but I'm not fortunate enough to get a famous MM baby (I'm not country compatible lol!).

Good luck, you will not regret it one bit, check out the breeding bettas section, I'm sure you can see some examples of some of her fish there.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Monmouth said:
I know you said she doesn't lime prices being discussed in open forum, but can you tell me about what shipping cost? Or at least what % of the total cost was shipping?
Shipping prices vary by location and method.
I'd suggest you get in touch with her for this information.

Martinismommy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I sent you a PM....

betta freak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
mms bettas are always beautiful