Show Off Your Peacock Eel

1. Bradley Moles

Bradley Moles Valued Member Member

I am thinking about getting a peacock eel or two. I would love to see pictures and videos of yours. I have a really need vodka bottle for them to seek shelter in/ isolate their feeding if needed. Should I get one or two eels? Do I have to tape up my tank lid to ensure they won’t escape? Any other helpful info on these guys will be appreciated.

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Hey! C’mon guys! Share your pics please. I want to hear all about them!

3. Asteria_and_Rogue

Asteria_and_Rogue Valued Member Member

I have one and he/she is named Snoopy. They are really cool to watch.... When they decide to come out of the gravel that is... lol. I was told they are agressive towards eachother when they get bigger. I think they only jump when they are feeding. I give mine nightcrawlers cut up and he enjoys them. He also likes brine shrimp and blood worms. I do altrenate between the two.

Attached Files:

4. MikeRad89

MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

I don’t think I can post a picture like that on a family forum

5. OP
    OP
    Bradley Moles

Let’s hope you keep your peacock eel out of the aquarium. Even the smallest cichlid could make a quick meal of that.

6. Gypsy13

Too bad there’s not a super funny button! Or a “oh no you didn’t” button. Lol

7. Asteria_and_Rogue

Asteria_and_Rogue Valued Member Member

Mine happens to be quite small and I don't think he is going to grow anymore.

8. OP
    OP
    Bradley Moles

One more off topic comment then we will keep it G rated: “That’s what she said” aaaand we’re back on topic now :)

9. Gypsy13

I think I’m in love! Lol.

10. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

its 1:30am and I just died reading these comments... Keep your peacock eels tucked away and locked up. Why arent they so popular here? Hard to own?