Show Off Your Nano Reef !

  • Thread starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
Nano Reef tanks are the best.

Show yours off here, no matter what stage its at lets see all the nano reef's!

Il start with my old 16G
e7d483d9ee117621f212d9fd4343d1a5.jpg


Get all your nano reef's on here to encourage the fresh water people over Ha! lets not let this thread get lost in the archives.
 

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Messages
3,861
Reaction score
2,766
Points
208
  • Moderator

Coradee

Moderator
Messages
17,003
Reaction score
4,409
Points
508
Experience
More than 10 years
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG
P5160317.JPG
This was mine
 

losthero

Valued Member
Messages
64
Reaction score
36
Points
53
13.5
466574ccbe5af247358faeddf59e637d.jpg


7f39a9abd366dc835e70377c8d8162e4.jpg
 

losthero

Valued Member
Messages
64
Reaction score
36
Points
53
grantm91 said:
Nano Reef tanks are the best.

Show yours off here, no matter what stage its at lets see all the nano reef's!

Il start with my old 16G
View attachment 338530

Get all your nano reef's on here to encourage the fresh water people over Ha! lets not let this thread get lost in the archives.
How you maintain a power filter in a saltwater? Is it the same as in freshwater?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
losthero said:
How do you maintain a power filter in a saltwater? Is it the same as in freshwater?
No, i think some people treat it that way but i just use it for water polishing, cleaning the sponge under tap water every few days. I now use it as a fuge to grow cheato.
b78ebdea3ceb0afecdb882ad48291932.jpg
 

losthero

Valued Member
Messages
64
Reaction score
36
Points
53
grantm91 said:
No, i think some people treat it that way but i just use it for water polishing, cleaning the sponge under tap water every few days. I now use it as a fuge to grow cheato. View attachment 338703
So then what do you use for filtration?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
losthero said:
So then what do you use for filtration?
To polish my water so its crystal,
77ae76eff815cf255365b993f82e489c.jpg
it also gives good surface agitation and can be used for much more. Hob filters are great for Saltwater tanks if used correctly. Live rock is my biological filtration.
 

Tragic13

Valued Member
Messages
321
Reaction score
261
Points
53
Experience
5 to 10 years
grantm91 said:
To polish my water so its crystal, View attachment 338838 it also gives good surface agitation and can be used for much more. Hob filters are great for Saltwater tanks if used correctly. Live rock is my biological filtration.

Is that stuff worth it? I thought about putting some in my middle compartment of my sump, sorry not trying to hijack the thread.

EDIT: By stuff I mean Cheato.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
Its totally worth it if you have enough of it to actually do the job its supposed to do, the amount i have is to small but its better than the sponge i had. You can make Cheato reactors too, i hear they are amazing.
 

Tragic13

Valued Member
Messages
321
Reaction score
261
Points
53
Experience
5 to 10 years
grantm91 said:
Its totally worth it if you have enough of it to actually do the job its supposed to do, the amount i have is to small but its better than the sponge i had. You can make Cheato reactors too, i hear they are amazing.
I had my sump full of different sponges and such to help mitigate but it just looks trashy so I removed them, wanted something to help and replace them.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
Cheato mate, if left it will not become a nuisance but the sponges just become a dirty mess id go for it if i were you maybe put spare live rock in if its a big sump thats just what i would do though, I'm high jacking my own thread now too .
 

Tragic13

Valued Member
Messages
321
Reaction score
261
Points
53
Experience
5 to 10 years
grantm91 said:
Cheato mate, if left it will not become a nuisance but the sponges just become a dirty mess id go for it if i were you maybe put spare live rock in if its a big sump thats just what i would do though, I'm high jacking my own thread now too .
Sorry! haha will do! I have like 20-30lbs of live rock right now sitting in a plastic bin with water. I have been trying to give it away for awhile lol!
 

kam.exe

Valued Member
Messages
57
Reaction score
19
Points
43
Experience
4 years
As a freshwater person, you have my attention - those tanks are just gorgeous
 

losthero

Valued Member
Messages
64
Reaction score
36
Points
53
kam.exe said:
As a freshwater person, you have my attention - those tanks are just gorgeous
I started out in freshwater, I just made the jump into salt. The biggest difference I found was the way you do water changes and how much you need to run a reef.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
losthero said:
Do you use a protein skimmer?
No never had a skimmer on that set up, just got one on my 32g set up a bubble magus qq1 its cool, nice bit of kit.
 

Micro Reef Tank

New Member
Messages
43
Reaction score
8
Points
33
4,5 gallon one :) and no sump

1905022d96897b89fac4428c5f0299cc.jpg
 

losthero

Valued Member
Messages
64
Reaction score
36
Points
53
Update on nano reef
c8866a9f79dc43e7060731138c49679a.jpg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,178
Reaction score
5,628
Points
463
Experience
4 years
My 32G Reef.
f10e1d3b8d1a4073325b829cae961b3c.jpg
081f8827fd8f0d19c285e92ae87f69ff.jpg
dce06298ac466968fdb3eca032d7e139.jpg
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom