Show off your fish tank!

Dennis57

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Yeah it’s only sold online. Check eBay that’s where I buy them.
OK I will Thanks, Have you been to Aqua Hut in Coram? I am going there tomorrow, I heard someone talking about it when I was at pets warehouse

StarGirl15

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fishproblem said:

My newest addition and first blackwater. No stock yet!
Im too OCD for blackwater! Looks good though!

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dennis57 said:
OK I will Thanks, Have you been to Aqua Hut in Coram? I am going there tomorrow, I heard someone talking about it when I was at pets warehouse
If it’s the place I’m thinking it’s all salt water. Very few fresh water tanks. Another nice place is the aquamarine place on sunrise in bay shore. Nice place they know there stuff and have some interesting fish.

Dennis57

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
86 ssinit said:
Yeah it’s only sold online. Check eBay that’s where I buy them.
OK I will Thanks, Have you been to Aqua Hut in Coram? I am going there tomorrow
86 ssinit said:
If it’s the place I’m thinking it’s all salt water. Very few fresh water tanks. Another nice place is the aquamarine place on sunrise in bay shore. Nice place they know there stuff and have some interesting fish.
Oh Ok, yes I do go to the store in Bay Shore they have alot of stuff. Theres also a place in Lindenhurst called South Shore Tropicals very nice place

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Not seeing your namesake in your tank :p

BlackSkirtTetra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FinalFins said:
Not seeing your namesake in your tank :p
They all scattered when I turned on the lights.

CB79C952-21F2-4F8F-AB28-37CA0E1B8FBB.jpeg

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh Ok, yes I do go to the store in Bay Shore they have alot of stuff. Theres also a place in Lindenhurst called South Shore Tropicals very nice place
[/QUOTE]
Lol that’s where I meant earlier with the big discus. Tropical showcase is in Hicksville got the names wrong.

KinderScout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Aponogeton on the left fully grown now having been a bare bulb just 8 weeks ago. We're a little overstocked with the addition of new cardinals recently but careful monitoring shows no loss of water quality or 'old tank' syndrome. Guess we're lucky though we added an extra ceramic bead filter from the start. Finally after over two years I think we've found all the plants that suit our busy lives and all the fish seem active
20191127_012120_HDR.jpg
and happy!

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This is how my tank is looking after the arrival of a few new plants. The crypt beckettii has completely melted so hopefully in a few weeks the tank will look a little better after it grows back and everything fills in a bit more. :)

C817FE09-E892-4566-BED9-8AD83EDEF476.jpeg
2D2907C7-AD4D-48DF-AE1B-9325FB0A3968.jpeg

Current stock: 1 male betta, 2 ADF, 1 amano shrimp

Plants: java fern, anubias barteri, red tiger lotus, ludwigia ovialis, cabomba aquatica, crypt lucen, crypt beckettii, water wisteria, marimo moss ball, duckweed, pothos

Hardscape: gravel, various pieces of spider wood, dragon stone, river rocks, betta log

Anthony1976

Valued Member
Reaction score
Sunflower said:
This is how my tank is looking after the arrival of a few new plants. The crypt beckettii has completely melted so hopefully in a few weeks the tank will look a little better after it grows back and everything fills in a bit more. :)

View attachment 639408View attachment 639407

Current stock: 1 male betta, 2 ADF, 1 amano shrimp

Plants: java fern, anubias barteri, red tiger lotus, ludwigia ovialis, cabomba aquatica, crypt lucen, crypt beckettii, water wisteria, marimo moss ball, duckweed, pothos

Hardscape: gravel, various pieces of spider wood, dragon stone, river rocks, betta log
Absolutely stunning that is a real masterpiece well done you are very talented .

Sunflower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Anthony1976 said:
Absolutely stunning that is a real masterpiece well done you are very talented .
Thank you very much!! <3

Anthony1976

Valued Member
Reaction score
kallililly1973 said:
Here is a recent shot of my 5.5 Cory fry and ramshorn tank after adding a couple small pieces of what I believe to be cardinal plants to each side. And a sneak peek of winky my pepper Cory fry:)
Love those peppered Cory’s full of character. That’s a lovely tank is it dirt capped with gravel or sand?

erinw347

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A7620FA9-8ED4-424F-9336-7E93610BE064.jpeg

My nano shrimp tank before I pruned it. Has blue velvet shrimp and pest snails.
This is the scape I’m most proud of, since Ive never been great at aquascaping.
It has a java fern that has turned into many smaller java ferns, a bamboo stick with java moss, and four or five unknown plants that grow like weeds.
There’s also a ceramic pot, a glass bottle, a terra-cotta pot, a few small stones, 2 moss balls, and a skull decoration.
76E84E8E-6DD1-4EF3-B2DA-1E2DCB4D1166.jpeg

This is my next tank, 29 gallon community. It has 4 guppies (2 which are in the hospital tank because they all keep getting dropsy and idk what to do! Please help) 5 cory’s, 3 kuhli loaches, a mystery snail and a BN. It has 2 swords and 1 anubias, a piece of driftwood, 3 shells for caves, and java moss on the driftwood.
017826CF-F800-45E2-ADCB-543D12FF623B.jpeg
Next up is my 20 gallon betta tank. It’s very puny I know, and so is the next one I’m gonna show you. It has 1 piece of fake wood, 1 anubias, 1 moss ball, 1 betta hammock, 1 betta, 1 mystery snail and and unknown snail that appeared (it’s not a pest snail tho so idk). Even if my scape is really bad at least he has room!
272C198D-E6D9-412B-B271-780C9472EE88.jpeg
Here is my fourth and final tank, also a betta tank. Puny as well. It has 2 anubias, 1 sword, 2 plastic decor, and 1 betta. (Did have a mystery snail as shown but snail has since passed away). So that is all of my tanks. I’m not good at scraping but I’ll at least get my betta tanks to look better lol. Again if you have any suggestions about the guppies please please please let me know.

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My newest 40 breeder. Starting to see some nice plant growth!
Now if I can just get the dwarf sags to stay in the sand lol!
40A383A3-8D9D-40FC-B54D-DB7A5942B265.jpeg

jkkgron2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Here is my betta sorority!
image.jpg
image.jpg

EMR

Valued Member
Reaction score
Trying out the Walstad thing on a 5 gal with a betta. No filter/ferts/Co2. Wish me luck!

Baba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
After a couple catastrophic tank crashes, now my new clean start.
10 gallon Least Killifish (H. formosa) tank. There are about 15 little buggers from my pond in there as contingency plan in case the pond population doesn’t make it through the winter.
IMG_1939.JPG

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom