Show off your fish tank!

SarahBear1009

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here is my newest cycled 10 gallon. I don't like it lol I hate mixing fake and real plants. Plus I'm just not sure what to do with the right side. I think it might look better once the plants grow in. I like the look of having one side nice and thick with plants/rocks/spiderwood, and the other side more open.

Currently am waiting on a shipment from Rice Family Aquatic for a plant package I ordered. I'll remove the fake ones then. Waterline is normally not this low. Just been too lazy to top it off today lol
20190505_172428.jpg

SarahBear1009

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
angelcraze said:
Those low fake plants actually look pretty good Find yourself a nice driftwood piece with branches that reach over to the left and slowly tapers off to an open area. You could still have low plants on the left side.

Plants that could be kept short that I think would work on the left side
Stargrass
Dwarf sag
Hygro rosenervig or polysperma
Hygro araguaria (just found this one)
Blyxia Japonica
Thank you!! This is my other 10 gallon..
20190509_080904.jpg

Wintermagic

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
15575155618621233816411.jpg
1557515541783951534217.jpg
15575150593241865605902.jpg

I still just have the one gourami. I used a black shimmery fabric for the back. I don't like the air tubing but don't want to mess with it right now. Side views and front view.

Scubagirl1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
New addition Oz , emerald green crab. He's an amputee of his frint claw. Happened before I purchased him. It's slowly growing back. Super cool to watch him eat.
20190424_212045.jpg

JonJal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

JonJal

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My 2nd tank is a refurbished 75gallon marineland. Carib sea eco complete planted substrate with dwarf hairgrass, staurogyne repens, riccia flutans, rotala wallichii and Italian jungle val. This was this winters project and has only been completed for a few weeks now. It houses 5 keyhole cichlids, 7 yellow rainbowfish, 8 platties and a bristlenose pleco. Manzanita driftwood with dragon stone. Beamswork fspec lighting. Sunsun hw304b canister filtration with built-in uv sterilizer and a nana hydor circulation pump.

Scubagirl1 said:
New addition Oz , emerald green crab. He's an amputee of his frint claw. Happened before I purchased him. It's slowly growing back. Super cool to watch him eat.View attachment 558265
Very cool crab!

LuxuriantTen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Did some changes to my 50 gallon, also added the melanotaenia praecox (dwarf neon rainbows) and within a week they became one of my favorites, so much fun to see them school and watch them interact with each other.

update met rainbows 1.jpg

update met rainbows 2.jpg

update met rainbows 3.jpg

update met rainbows 4.jpg

update met rainbows 5.jpg

Bruises

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Redone these 2 tanks slightly today on their water change.
Smaller tank is getting slightly overcrowded.
One thing I would like to do, is fill the back of the large tank with some tall plants or have something coming down from top. Any ideas?
Feat. Frog Face

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom