Show off your fish tank! - Page 52

Bwood22

Looks like a gbr, 2 other cichlids that I can't identify, and a single serpae tetra? Just keeping one cerpae tetra isn't good they're a schooling fish, not sure about the cichlids I don't know what kind they are, although depending on what they are you may or may not get some bullying between them 3 cichlids is kind of a lot for a 25g.
Im sorry. I was some what kidding with the stocking question. But you checked all the boxes right down to the single Serpae (thats a long story... we won't be getting more).

The cichlids are African and they are in here temporarily so they can start feeling good about themselves. It's like cichlid therapy.
When you keep Malawi cichlids you must be conscious of their self esteem.

They are in there because of a psychology experiment.
Thread 'Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Psychology Experiment' Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Psychology Experiment | African Cichlid Forum | 512335

Mii

Im sorry. I was some what kidding with the stocking question. But you checked all the boxes right down to the single Serpae (thats a long story... we won't be getting more).

The cichlids are African and they are in here temporarily so they can start feeling good about themselves. It's like cichlid therapy.
When you keep Malawi cichlids you must be conscious of their self esteem.

They are in there because of a psychology experiment.
Thread 'Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Psychology Experiment' Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Psychology Experiment | African Cichlid Forum | 512335
So is the ram their therapist?

Bwood22

So is the ram their therapist?
Lol actually it might be the Serpae. He interacts with them. The rams keep to themselves.

Mii

Lol actually it might be the Serpae. He interacts with them. The rams keep to themselves.
Serpae probably lonely. Once you're done keeping the cichlids in there you should get him some friends.

kallililly1973

I think this thread is show off your Fishtank not tell people what’s right or wrong with their setups without knowing the entire story. Just my .02.. we have over 100 fish and snails in our 55. Probably close to 200 snails alone not even counting fish.

Bwood22

I think this thread is show off your Fishtank not tell people what’s right or wrong with their setups without knowing the entire story. Just my .02.. we have over 100 fish and snails in our 55. Probably close to 200 snails alone not even counting fish.
Would you like a Serpae? I know where you can get one lol.

kallililly1973

Would you like a Serpae? I know where you can get one lol.
I would definitely take him if we were closer… we still have 2 of the 6 original serpae from when we set this 55 up close to 4 years ago… u can catch them 2 hanging around with our Vonrio tetras sometimes

New2fishlovinit

Where’d you get the background ? Dig it
Thanks ! one of the dual sided cheap posters giant pain always want to roll back up. Lol ..think I got them from chewy. Com

Skrabbitskrabbit

Been kinda proud of my “big” 29 gallon tank so I thought I’d show it off again! Lol-

You must be registered to see images

BigManAquatics

Been kinda proud of my “big” 29 gallon tank so I thought I’d show it off again! Lol-

29s are probably my favorite size. Got enough room to really open options for scaping, stocking, but very manageable tank maintenance wise. Probably why i have 2 set up and another empty one in the garage!!

Not the greatest if you are a big-time cichlid or monster fish person, however.

A201

I like the 29 gal. as well. A very versatile size. Here's a 29 gal. scape I designed. Considering my lack of Aqua gardening skills, stacking rocks & wood is the only option for me. The pictured Blue Jack Dempsey & Sunshine Peacock Cichlid did well together in that setup.

BigManAquatics

I like the 29 gal. as well. A very versatile size. Here's a 29 gal. scape I designed. Considering my lack of Aqua gardening skills, stacking rocks & wood is the only option for me. The pictured Blue Jack Dempsey & Sunshine Peacock Cichlid did well together in that setup.
Yeah, good for that, but i sure wouldn't do a bunch of malawis or labs in a 29 myself lol!!

86 ssinit

Me too!! 29 is just a great tank. You’ll never get rid of it. Mine is now my wt tank.

kallililly1973

Speaking of 29’s here is our tiger barb and albino Cory tank. Started outside a couple years ago with some plants and guppies then moved inside and went with 10 tigers and 5 albino sadly lost one albino but a miracle happened in this tank and a baby tiger was born and survived and is now close to the same size as his other family members

Maryellen

5 and 10gal.. both in need of a bit of cleaning, but I love them.

Fishnturtleguy933

Haven't had the time to post on here lately.
Figured I'd start with this thread before moving on to more. Here's both my 40breeder and 50g tall corner(not in a corner lol). I've had a huge shrimp bloom in the last few months in the 40g lost a few corydoras(down to 1) had them a while. Thinking of adding a bamboo shrimp to this tank as it has great waterflow and the fish don't bother the adult neos. The 50g is doing great as well though i think my angelfish is getting to be a bit too aggressive with my pleco. I'm thinking might have to rehome him. I may get a couple of pearl gourami or something else for a centerpiece. P.s i fixed the filter hanging down in the 40g on the right after taking the pic lol.

Edit: added some shrimp pics!

Fishnturtleguy933

Haven't had the time to post on here lately.
Figured I'd start with this thread before moving on to more. Here's both my 40breeder and 50g tall corner(not in a corner lol). I've had a huge shrimp bloom in the last few months in the 40g lost a few corydoras(down to 1) had them a while. Thinking of adding a bamboo shrimp to this tank as it has great waterflow and the fish don't bother the adult neos. The 50g is doing great as well though i think my angelfish is getting to be a bit too aggressive with my pleco. I'm thinking might have to rehome him. I may get a couple of pearl gourami or something else for a centerpiece. P.s i fixed the filter hanging down in the 40g on the right after taking the pic lol.

Edit: added some shrimp pics!
Posted a thread about restocking my 50g
I definitely need to rethink my stocking. This angelfish has proven to be too aggressive for what I'm looking for. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/rehome-and-restocking-questions-poll.512889/

Mafleah

My tank at the moment

PAcanis

Feeding time in my Waterbox Cube 20. Finnex light on Cloudy.
Four Cory (I can only find two in the pic) and four Platy.

CreativeName1

10 gallon. I don’t think it looks bad for my first tank.

MacZ

Now with external filtration.

AverageAquarist22

My new 10 gallon setup! It’s not that good but I’m still pretty proud of it :)

PAcanis

Going through its bacterial bloom right now, but I just got it planted today.
They did not ship the Stargrass, but I had way more of the little ones than I expected. I did not know two pots contained 5-6 clumps. I'd still like to snake one or two Startgrass plants under that wooded area in the back...

Kind of a cross between Amazon's upper basin and Rio Tapajos clearwater areas.

PAcanis

Probably what I would consider my show tank. It's the first one that I was able to successfully grow plants in. Obviously a school of Harlequin Rasboras, but also a pair of Apisto Cacatuoides, a Nerite snail, 2 Amano Shrimps, and an orphan Neon Tetra and orphan Cherry Barb.

How many gallons?
You've used the height nicely.

Leeman75

How many gallons?
You've used the height nicely.
It's a 20 gallon. A tad overstocked, but the plants love it!! :)

Sokamix

Probably what I would consider my show tank. It's the first one that I was able to successfully grow plants in. Obviously a school of Harlequin Rasboras, but also a pair of Apisto Cacatuoides, a Nerite snail, 2 Amano Shrimps, and an orphan Neon Tetra and orphan Cherry Barb.

Beautiful sword you got in there! Love it❤️
Here are my swords…they grow so fast!!!

Leeman75

Thanks! I've had it for over two years now. I originally had it in my 55 gallon tank until the Severum that I had at the time started munching on it. I moved it about 9 months ago and it just took off in the Hex tank. You can see in the old picture below (bottom left front) how small it was to begin with.

Here are my swords…they grow so fast!!!
Those are really nice! Once I finally figured out how essential root tabs are for mine, they started doing well. Now, they are essentials in my planted tanks!

Sokamix

Wow that’s a pretty tank. It grew a ton! My biggest sword grew huge (almost out of the top of the water) in like a month lol
Thanks! I've had it for over two years now. I originally had it in my 55 gallon tank until the Severum that I had at the time started munching on it. I moved it about 9 months ago and it just took off in the Hex tank. You can see in the old picture below (bottom left front) how small it was to begin with.

Those are really nice! Once I finally figured out how essential root tabs are for mine, they started doing well. Now, they are essentials in my planted tanks!

Sofiafish17

New 29 gal build. Not sure I’m don’t yet, I have no lights and it gets a small amount of sunlight so all lowlight plants. Any suggestions for low light interesting foreground plants that won’t carpet? Or any other suggestions?

My juvenile giant betta! The pictures don’t do him justice for his awesome variety of blues.

Fishnturtleguy933

New 29 gal build. Not sure I’m don’t yet, I have no lights and it gets a small amount of sunlight so all lowlight plants. Any suggestions for low light interesting foreground plants that won’t carpet? Or any other suggestions?

My juvenile giant betta! The pictures don’t do him justice for his awesome variety of blues.
Anubias nana petite is a good low light foreground plant. You could do dwarf sagitaria but if kept unchecked it will carpet. Beautiful tank btw.

otterblue

That's a nice looking tank and a beautiful betta. Can I ask where you got those twig-like things in the upper left & upper right? They're cool.

Sofiafish17

That's a nice looking tank and a beautiful betta. Can I ask where you got those twig-like things in the upper left & upper right? They're cool.
Those things are actually roots! I’ve seen beautiful ranks with pothos growing emersed but I’ve only ever seen people who put them in an hob filter so you can’t see the roots. I put mine in, and just loosely wrapped the bunch of stems with jewelry wire (I make rings) and then bent the wire around the rim of the tank and down so it holds the pothos up and it doesn’t sink. Only a few days of it being in there and both plants already have a bunch of new root root buds on the rhizome. I really like the look, I’m glad you do too! You can probably find a pothos plant at literally any Home Depot/ Lowe’s and maybe even already have some of know someone with a chunk they can break off because it’s such a common house plant. I can’t wait until it grows vines and falls over the sides.

Houdini5150

Just a newbie starting out on a 20 gallon. Apparently I over stocked it and I doing a fish in cycle. This pic of the whole tank is old. I have a 10 gallon tank to the side of this table and where it sits in the house is in a corner. I have some live plants added in, a pre filter on the intake, another rock formation decoration, some cloudy water and a few less fish :(

PAcanis

Those things are actually roots! I’ve seen beautiful ranks with pothos growing emersed but I’ve only ever seen people who put them in an hob filter so you can’t see the roots. I put mine in, and just loosely wrapped the bunch of stems with jewelry wire (I make rings) and then bent the wire around the rim of the tank and down so it holds the pothos up and it doesn’t sink. Only a few days of it being in there and both plants already have a bunch of new root root buds on the rhizome. I really like the look, I’m glad you do too! You can probably find a pothos plant at literally any Home Depot/ Lowe’s and maybe even already have some of know someone with a chunk they can break off because it’s such a common house plant. I can’t wait until it grows vines and falls over the sides.

That is a really cool idea.
I'm going to try this with some lead free solder. I think that should work.
Next time I go past HD I'll look for the plant. If it's still sold in Winter.

Sofiafish17

It’s probably sold in winter it’s almost unkillable.

PAcanis

I'd have to order it in. None within 100 miles of me according to their website.

otterblue

Very cool. I think I'll try it. Thank you!

Fishnturtleguy933

Please don't yell at me.....i know this is a fish forum but i wanted to show off my 55g painted turtle tank. this guy right here is what got me into the hobby. Every tank i own is because of him. This is turtle petty. We rescued him from a bad situation the same year Tom Petty passed away and felt it was an appropriate name as he's a Rockstar. I just "rescaped" his tank and as i don't belong to any good turtle forums i thought maybe y'all wouldn't mind seeing him.

Sokamix

Please don't yell at me.....i know this is a fish forum but i wanted to show off my 55g painted turtle tank. this guy right here is what got me into the hobby. Every tank i own is because of him. This is turtle petty. We rescued him from a bad situation the same year Tom Petty passed away and felt it was an appropriate name as he's a Rockstar. I just "rescaped" his tank and as i don't belong to any good turtle forums i thought maybe y'all wouldn't mind seeing him.
I won’t yell at you☺️ That is AMAZING!! Here is my leopard gecko tank if your interested.

Fishnturtleguy933

I won’t yell at you☺️ That is AMAZING!! Here is my leopard gecko tank if your interested.
I love leopard geckos! I used to work at a pet shop that sold them. Walked around with one on my shoulder alot lol. I love your setup!

Sokamix

I love leopard geckos! I used to work at a pet shop that sold them. Walked around with one on my shoulder alot lol. I love your setup!
Thank you! I know they are adorable❤️

PAcanis

The latest with fish in it.

Sokamix

The latest with fish in it.

What type of fish?

Sokamix

New betta tank.

Beautiful tank!! I want another betta but I’m broke lol

PAcanis

A pic of the new Cardinal Tetras I got yesterday (mixed in with the Green Neons I already had) tonight.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Delcos
  • Question
Replies
Views
betta06
  • Question
Replies
Views