Show off your fish tank! - Page 45

veggieshark

Mandy627 said:
Nice planted tank. Is it really on such an uneven surface or is it the picture? If uneven, what size tank is this? (Just looking for evidence that I may be worrying too much about the levelness of my own tanks.)

Sez

veggieshark said:
Thanks for the detail. Maybe I can find a use for those heavy plastic dinosaur toys after all. A jungle, desert and a volcano possibly. Ah, who am I kidding, I am happy if I keep up with water changes.

Again, creative design and nicely executed.
Thanks lol
veggieshark said:
Thanks for the detail. Maybe I can find a use for those heavy plastic dinosaur toys after all. A jungle, desert and a volcano possibly. Ah, who am I kidding, I am happy if I keep up with water changes.

Again, creative design and nicely executed.
Thanks lol

StarGirl

745583-480de50afbc91c2d8c62681987568c88.jpg

The 55g Val Kingdom.

bumblinBee

StarGirl said:

745583-480de50afbc91c2d8c62681987568c88.jpg

The 55g Val Kingdom.
Vals really will take over a tank if given the chance! And it looks gorgeous here, well done. Easy way to fill a tank up with green, but yours is clearly well maintained, I absolutely love it!

SWTBobcat

YellowGuppy said:
Wicked tank! Also, if you were to stock it with galaxy rasboras, it could have an even cooler title...
Thanks! Lol, just glad someone gets the reference. :cool:

Passionfish

JLAquatics

Latest update on my 29 high first (low tech) aquascape which I posted in the Aquarium of the Month photo contest. I just put my first crypts in the tank (took pictures of the new additions) to fill in the edges so we will see how they will do. Also, one of my Rasboras wanted to say hello.

0304211327.jpg

0304211328b.jpg

0304211328.jpg

0304211328a.jpg

0303211627c.jpg

DerekO24

I love the look of sand/light colored substrate. Is it hard to keep it free of detritus and turning all brown and gnarly ? I’ve only ever had fluval stratum/black sand in my 2 tanks. And it obviously covers up silt and off colored debris and what not

JLAquatics

DerekO24 said:
I love the look of sand/light colored substrate. Is it hard to keep it free of detritus and turning all brown and gnarly ? I’ve only ever had fluval stratum/black sand in my 2 tanks. And it obviously covers up silt and off colored debris and what not
It can be a challenge if you have a lot of tight areas, such as caves, crevices and ground carpets. I just take out the excess mulm with a net in visible areas and leave some for my shrimp as detritus can harbor microorganisms for the shrimp to graze on. I don't gravel vac because it would disturb my S Repens carpet. I also have Eco-Complete in the back of this tank for my deep rooted plants.

DerekO24

In the front it Looks like s.repens Growing in straight sand you just put root tabs in for
Those ? Or they do well
Enough with the sand and whatever nutrients from tank/fish ?

JLAquatics

DerekO24 said:
In the front it Looks like s.repens Growing in straight sand you just put root tabs in for
Those ? Or they do well
Enough with the sand and whatever nutrients from tank/fish ?
I placed a root tab in here and there, but I believe the Easy Green column ferts has helped this carpet out the most. I am quite astonished by the amount of growth the carpet has had without CO2 or excess nutrients in the substrate.

DerekO24

Yeah , me too

toeknee

Quick video update of the 7, 10 and 55 gallon tanks.

Broggy

wow. these tanks are inspirational. sadly my tanks aren't presentable lol, auascaping is not in my blood.

jake37

A bit above I think i posted my messy 40B - this is my even messier 120; sadly I think i can only produce messy tanks:

x1.jpg

Fishkeeper25

I like the messy look, looks more natural

Passionfish

jake37 said:
A bit above I think i posted my messy 40B - this is my even messier 120; sadly I think i can only produce messy tanks:

x1.jpg
I see a tiger lily! How is it not killing your plants around it?

jake37

How would it kill my plants around it ? There are actually 8 of them - i did not plant 8 but now i have at least 8 - they are everywhere. They are an invasive species. They are invading. Soon there will be war between the vals swords and invading lillies.

Passionfish said:

Passionfish

jake37 said:
How would it kill my plants around it ? There are actually 8 of them - i did not plant 8 but now i have at least 8 - they are everywhere. They are an invasive species. They are invading. Soon there will be war between the vals swords and invading lillies.
Tiger lilies are know to give off a toxin that melts all plants in a 2-3 inch radius around them. Either your plants are really tough, or those lilies release very weak toxins. Or those aren't Tiger lillies. Idk.

toeknee

Passionfish said:
Tiger lilies are know to give off a toxin that melts all plants in a 2-3 inch radius around them. Either your plants are really tough, or those lilies release very weak toxins. Or those aren't Tiger lillies. Idk.
I have Tiger Lotus in my 55 and have had it in many other tanks with no issues.

The29G

Here is my 29 gallon. I like the corny plastic decorations but I also like live plants so I use both.
ED0AB035-C817-4A2C-ABB5-C906AEED96B0.jpeg

JLAquatics

bumblinBee said:
Vals really will take over a tank if given the chance! And it looks gorgeous here, well done. Easy way to fill a tank up with green, but yours is clearly well maintained, I absolutely love it!
I know this might seem really random to go in this thread, but I really like your profile pic. Did you make it in a painting application?

bumblinBee

CheeseHoarder said:
I know this might seem really random to go in this thread, but I really like your profile pic. Did you make it in a painting application?
Aww, thank you so much! Yes, I made it using Medibang Paint Pro

DerekO24

toeknee said:
I have Tiger Lotus in my 55 and have had it in many other tanks with no issues.
Never heard of this , hope it isn’t true have a big one blowing up in my tank right now

JLAquatics

bumblinBee said:
Aww, thank you so much! Yes, I made it using Medibang Paint Pro
Nice! I may have to try to make something similar sometime, but my fish model would probably just look like a stub with a tail. You should try to sell something like this! Me and my Rasbora would definitely be interested!

bumblinBee

CheeseHoarder said:
Nice! I may have to try to make something similar sometime, but my fish model would probably just look like a stub with a tail. You should try to sell something like this! Me and my Rasbora would definitely be interested!
You should definitely give it a go! I actually do sell stickers, if you'd like to check them out I could send you a link

JLAquatics

bumblinBee said:
You should definitely give it a go! I actually do sell stickers, if you'd like to check them out I could send you a link
Sure, I would be interested to look around to see what you have. However, if you are able to to personalized images of some sort, (for a donation of course ), that would be amazing! I have also noticed some fellow members here have profile pics of fish very similar to the style of your's. Did you make all of these? If so, you are very talented!

BabsandLoon

The 60 gallon since the move complete with new stand.
And an added picture of the betta tank that is now betta-less. I finally got a new heater for it and an air control valve for the air pump. So now it is nice and ready for the new betta when we find each other.

jake37

They are dwarf lilies (Nymphaea stellata) not tiger lilies.....

Passionfish said:

bumblinBee

CheeseHoarder said:
Sure, I would be interested to look around to see what you have. However, if you are able to to personalized images of some sort, (for a donation of course ), that would be amazing! I have also noticed some fellow members here have profile pics of fish very similar to the style of your's. Did you make all of these? If so, you are very talented!
It's very possible you've seen a few of my drawings popping up here and there, I have a thread open where I've been offering to do drawings of peoples fish for them. They're not my best work I'm afraid, but I do offer it for free haha. I do accept commissions if you'd like a specific design done up for something though, so just give me a pm if you're interested. Stickers I've done so far can be found at pnwbettas.com or at the etsy store of the same name.

jake37

Btw i noticed you noticed the lily but isn't the gold ram a lot more interesting than the lily ?

Passionfish said:

JLAquatics

bumblinBee said:
It's very possible you've seen a few of my drawings popping up here and there, I have a thread open where I've been offering to do drawings of peoples fish for them. They're not my best work I'm afraid, but I do offer it for free haha. I do accept commissions if you'd like a specific design done up for something though, so just give me a pm if you're interested. Stickers I've done so far can be found at pnwbettas.com or at the etsy store of the same name.
Really? That is amazing. I didn't know you made a thread for making these designs. I will also check out your stickers as well! I used similar machines to make stickers at school and really miss making them.

DerekO24

Just posting the progression of this massive red tiger Lotus

veggieshark

jake37 said:
You are too humble. This looks great and natural. The school of cardinals looks nice; just where they should be.

Passionfish

jake37 said:
Btw i noticed you noticed the lily but isn't the gold ram a lot more interesting than the lily ?
Is he the one hiding in the plants?

JLAquatics

bumblinBee said:

Just Sent a pm

DerekO24

DerekO24 said:
Just posting the progression of this massive red tiger Lotus

138F1B83-CDC3-4573-82FB-4692496B3728.jpeg
nursery tank , with one last juvenile from last batch.

John58ford

20l

20210306_092410_HDR~2.jpg

20210306_092440~2.jpg

20210306_092550_HDR~2.jpg

20210306_092501~2.jpg

20210306_093250_HDR~2.jpg

Brp933

Mandy627

20210305_143334.jpg
nothing, and I mean NOTHING messes up an aquascape more than a baby/breeder box.

Valpal908

0CAE49CC-9D0C-4A7C-BE7D-D5772CC8BF6B.jpeg

20 g pic has all my residents showing first time I’m able to get them all together

Zeeth29

John58ford said:
20l

20210306_092410_HDR~2.jpg

20210306_092440~2.jpg

20210306_092550_HDR~2.jpg

20210306_092501~2.jpg
I Love these! Especially that fourth one. The crypts growing out of the background is a really cool design.

Fishkeeper25

here is mine on day 56

JLAquatics

Greetings, everyone. I just made an article here on Fishlore of how I created my 29 gallon aquascape that you can see throughout this thread along with tips I used to create this. As an aquascaping newbie myself, I have heard from other people that they just can't make an aquascape. For those of you who don't think you can make an aquascape, think again. It is really simple if you follow a few easy steps. Here is that tank I am talking about (my only tank at this point, about to change haha) as of today along with a nice shot of my Staurogyne Repens. I hope my tips help others with their tank plans. Happy scaping, everyone.

0307211327.jpg

0308211211.jpg

marmaaa

I have 3 tanks a 5g, 10g, and a 40g.

5g - has some algae but but my betta is happy in her tank so I dont mind it.

1615257326239.png

10g - probably my favorite tank. 100's of shrimp, 7 ember tetras, and 7 corys growing out until I move them over to the 40g tank. Literally no nitrates because of the plants but I still do water changes.

1615257387552.png

40g - most recent tank I have set up and I am loving it! Plants are still growing in but the crypts in there have to be my favorite plant.

1615257735366.png

JLAquatics

marmaaa said:
I have 3 tanks a 5g, 10g, and a 40g.

5g - has some algae but but my betta is happy in her tank so I dont mind it.

1615257326239.png

10g - probably my favorite tank. 100's of shrimp, 7 ember tetras, and 7 corys growing out until I move them over to the 40g tank. Literally no nitrates because of the plants but I still do water changes.

1615257387552.png

40g - most recent tank I have set up and I am loving it! Plants are still growing in but the crypts in there have to be my favorite plant.

1615257735366.png
I really like that driftwood you used in your 40 gallon. It has much character, despite being an inanimate object. Also, nice looking Amazon Swords. I bet your fish are loving it in that tank!

marmaaa

CheeseHoarder said:
I really like that driftwood you used in your 40 gallon. It has much character, despite being an inanimate object. Also, nice looking Amazon Swords. I bet your fish are loving it in that tank!
Thank you so much! I got super lucky finding two pieces of wood that made that shape. My fish and shrimp LOVE the 10g tank, swimming back and forth through the plants all the time. I cant believe that the amazon swords were so tiny when I first got them. Had to trim them down sm last night.

JLAquatics

marmaaa said:
Thank you so much! I got super lucky finding two pieces of wood that made that shape. My fish and shrimp LOVE the 10g tank, swimming back and forth through the plants all the time. I cant believe that the amazon swords were so tiny when I first got them. Had to trim them down sm last night.
Yeah, if you look closely at my tank, I have a sad Amazon Sword towards the back center of the tank. I do dose root tabs, but I just haven't had luck with these plants. No matter, though. The Water Wisteria I have is taking over anyways and my fish and shrimp hang out in that.

marmaaa

CheeseHoarder said:
Yeah, if you look closely at my tank, I have a sad Amazon Sword towards the back center of the tank. I do dose root tabs, but I just haven't had luck with these plants. No matter, though. The Water Wisteria I have is taking over anyways and my fish and shrimp hang out in that.
Some plants just never work out for us. I also had wisteria in my 20g before shutting it down and it died on me even though I had root tabs as well lol. I had a whole bunch of hornwort in my 20g all died but one and now that one has become 4 tall pieces. I guess some plants just work out and others dont.

JLAquatics

marmaaa said:
Some plants just never work out for us. I also had wisteria in my 20g before shutting it down and it died on me even though I had root tabs as well lol. I had a whole bunch of hornwort in my 20g all died but one and now that one has become 4 tall pieces. I guess some plants just work out and others dont.
I wonder if it also has to do where and what conditions the plants were originally grown as well. In my case, I have had great luck with plants from PetSmart in those little tubes, yet all the plants I got from my local fish shop are not doing so hot. My Dwarf Lily bulb remains just that, a dwarf a year after buying at the shop, yet the Water Wisteria from PetSmart is taking over. Definitely something to us planted tank people to consider...

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom