Show off your fish tank! - Page 42

Fishfriendof315

freak78 said:
Gotta show the wife a room is nothing
Fishfriendof315 said:
Gotta show the wife a room is nothing
Basement is the way to go!

jmaldo

My 55g African Build, I rearrange the hardscape almost every water change.

Fishlover001

Here is my tank it is still cycling

Unknown9182

The Aquatic Hive, 10 Gallon. The queen/king bee is the bumblebee catfish and the workers are the pea pufferfish. Sometimes they like to cuddle up with bumblebee catfish at night.
king/queen bee

Timblood123

My 55 gallon tank

Berryblue

My office set up for the new year.

jake37

Why do you keep plastic plants with the clown loaches and regular plants with the other fishes ? Also word of warning the yoyo will jump when they get older so make sure the entire top is covered... if you leave a fish size hole they will ....

Whits17 said:
My three tanks

300 litre, 200 litre and 40 litre (there are 4 sparkling gourami and 3 nerite snails in this tank)

Whits17

jake37 said:
Why do you keep plastic plants with the clown loaches and regular plants with the other fishes ? Also word of warning the yoyo will jump when they get older so make sure the entire top is covered... if you leave a fish size hole they will ....
Hi, I have tried real plants with the loaches and they last about 2 seconds. They love to dig them up and eat them. They just play around the plastic plants.
I have a towel that totally covers the top of the tank.
There are also 7 black skirt tetras and a bristlenose in that tank.

jake37

Interesting. I have clown and yoyo in my 120 but haven't had problems with plants. Occasionally a new leaf gets nibble but there are so many new leaves it isn't a problem. Maybe i'm over-feeding my fishes ?

Whits17

jake37 said:
Interesting. I have clown and yoyo in my 120 but haven't had problems with plants. Occasionally a new leaf gets nibble but there are so many new leaves it isn't a problem. Maybe i'm over-feeding my fishes ?
I feed them once daily and when I do water changes (weekly), they don't get fed that day. Maybe I'm under-feeding them?

jake37

I have angels in my tank so i feed them twice a day - i mean i feed the angels twice but if the loaches are hungry they come out and snatch the food. The yoyo are always hungry but the clowns are more selective. They also go wild for zuc I put in the the pleco and rasph. green. The thing is that i tend to feed growing fishes more than adults and my angels are a set of 8 i raised from frys and your loaches look to be pretty young but scale is always hard to tell from a picture.
--
anyway you shouldn't copy what I do as i'm pretty clueless myself. I can't say with any authority the proper number of times to feed the loaches.

Whits17 said:
I feed them once daily and when I do water changes (weekly), they don't get fed that day. Maybe I'm under-feeding them?

Whits17

jake37 said:
I have angels in my tank so i feed them twice a day - i mean i feed the angels twice but if the loaches are hungry they come out and snatch the food. The yoyo are always hungry but the clowns are more selective. They also go wild for zuc I put in the the pleco and rasph. green. The thing is that i tend to feed growing fishes more than adults and my angels are a set of 8 i raised from frys and your loaches look to be pretty young but scale is always hard to tell from a picture.
--
anyway you shouldn't copy what I do as i'm pretty clueless myself. I can't say with any authority the proper number of times to feed the loaches.
My angel was in with the loaches, but they started nibbling on him so I had to move him over to the 200 litre. He's starting to fill out now (he's 4 years old and I only feed him once a day). Three of the clowns and two of the yoyos are 4 years old and the other two are 3 years old.

jake37

How large are your yoyo? My largest is somewhere betwen 5 and 6 inches but it is only around 14 months old. I had some other large ones but they jumped the rest of them are a bit smaller (I have 5 or 6 - i had 9).

Whits17 said:
My angel was in with the loaches, but they started nibbling on him so I had to move him over to the 200 litre. He's starting to fill out now (he's 4 years old and I only feed him once a day). Three of the clowns and two of the yoyos are 4 years old and the other two are 3 years old.

Whits17

jake37 said:
How large are your yoyo? My largest is somewhere betwen 5 and 6 inches but it is only around 14 months old. I had some other large ones but they jumped the rest of them are a bit smaller (I have 5 or 6 - i had 9).
They are around
jake37 said:
I'm at work, but pretty sure my 3 year old is about 4 inches and she has eggs. The other two are about 6 inches. Maybe time to talk to a loach expert

Somethingsfishyy

Only two months old,
Housing a small colony of shrimp and four endlers.
Somethingsfishyy said:
Only two months old,
Housing a small colony of shrimp and four endlers.
Oh and two tiger snails.

toeknee

For the past few months I was extremely busy with work and the tanks fell to the wayside. Ran out of CO2, I was barely dosing ferts, water changes were irregular and the plants became a tangled mess. Yesterday I decided to start with a fresh rescape. I ripped everything out, rearranged hardscape and plants, replaced CO2 tank and bought an auto fert doser to keep fert dosing consistent. I forgot to take a before pic yesterday, it was just an overgrown mess of tangled plants. The plants aren't looking super great right now. Now that I have CO2 going again and frequent fert dosings back in place they should be settling in and filling in soon. Thinking I should add some more wood hardscape.

jake37

I actually like the plants now. In my 40B where i added co2 i'm not sure i like the after picture as much as the before. I'm mostly playing with co2 to get some red plants to grow better but the side effect of overgrown green plants is a bit of a problem.
--
Btw what are the larger fishes - i know they are some kind of cichlid but not sure - keyhole?

toeknee said:
For the past few months I was extremely busy with work and the tanks fell to the wayside. Ran out of CO2, I was barely dosing ferts, water changes were irregular and the plants became a tangled mess. Yesterday I decided to start with a fresh rescape. I ripped everything out, rearranged hardscape and plants, replaced CO2 tank and bought an auto fert doser to keep fert dosing consistent. I forgot to take a before pic yesterday, it was just an overgrown mess of tangled plants. The plants aren't looking super great right now. Now that I have CO2 going again and frequent fert dosings back in place the should be settling in and filling in soon.

toeknee

jake37 said:
I actually like the plants now. In my 40B where i added co2 i'm not sure i like the after picture as much as the before. I'm mostly playing with co2 to get some red plants to grow better but the side effect of overgrown green plants is a bit of a problem.
--
Btw what are the larger fishes - i know they are some kind of cichlid but not sure - keyhole?
Thanks! It's fun to see plants reach their maximum potential with CO2 but unless you have time for weekly major trimmings it can definitely be a bit of a pain. And yes those are Keyholes.

YellowGuppy

toeknee said:
The plants aren't looking super great right now.
I'm inclined to disagree, but what do I know? Looking great!

Dunk2

toeknee said:
For the past few months I was extremely busy with work and the tanks fell to the wayside. Ran out of CO2, I was barely dosing ferts, water changes were irregular and the plants became a tangled mess. Yesterday I decided to start with a fresh rescape. I ripped everything out, rearranged hardscape and plants, replaced CO2 tank and bought an auto fert doser to keep fert dosing consistent. I forgot to take a before pic yesterday, it was just an overgrown mess of tangled plants. The plants aren't looking super great right now. Now that I have CO2 going again and frequent fert dosings back in place they should be settling in and filling in soon. Thinking I should add some more wood hardscape.
Let me at your tank for a couple weeks and you’ll see what a bad plant looks like. :confused:

Your tank looks great!

anachrotech

Attempting a planted tank after 8 or 9 years. 36g corner bowfront started in 2011. Many mishaps along the way. Current inhabitants - 2 marble angelfish, 7 white skirted tetras, 7 black skirted tetras, 2 bentosi tetras (5 years old), 7 emerald corys, 1 pepper cory, 2 mystery snails and assorted pest snails. I haven't had any losses in 2 years which makes me happy. Water (and my care) is very stable now. Need more plants. Pic is with moon light. This photo is just after rescape changed the substrate and lost a few plants.

John58ford

It's not often the whole rack seems photogenic. I feel like the tanks are getting a little one-note though. Need to find something to replace the rotala red in the smaller tanks and get the variety back.

Gambeaner

It’s a work in progress. 55 Gallon community tank.

Leeman75

John58ford said:
It's not often the whole rack seems photogenic. I feel like the tanks are getting a little one-note though. Need to find something to replace the rotala red in the smaller tanks and get the variety back.

I'm not sure I agree with the tanks being one-note...I think they look all really different and cool! It's a great set up!

Discus1812

Hi, currently have 2 setups this being my favorite 1400 ltr, 300 ltr sump the tank is still growing out, 6 months old so the
plants not fully established but I'm super happy with the look and looking to add a few more plants once covid has passed and the local shops have new stock.

K5MOW

Here is my 29

jake37

This is my 120 these days. It seems to be a bit overgrown but most of the bba is leaving as mysteriously as it came. If you look carefully on the left side you can see one of my clown loach tails. As long as the eyes are hidden they think they found success hiding.

The 4 gold angels and 3 smaller black angels are babies from the two parents who laid another
100 eggs just after i took this picture:

John58ford

jake37 said:
This is my 120 these days. It seems to be a bit overgrown but most of the bba is leaving as mysteriously as it came. If you look carefully on the left side you can see one of my clown loach tails. As long as the eyes are hidden they think they found success hiding.

The 4 gold angels and 3 smaller black angels are babies from the two parents who laid another
That lace scales great in this tank.

MacZ

Apistogramma hongsloi, male eating

snapshot from spawning display.

female in breeding dress

male patroling the territory, he only shows this coloration when hovering on top over the wood

whole tank

One might see the Egeria is starting to dissolve thanks to the water being quite dark. I'm likely going to replace it with wood and rocks from the middle, and maybe fixing a big piece of pennywort to it.

Discus1812

MacZ said:
Apistogramma hongsloi, male eating

snapshot from spawning display.

female in breeding dress

male patroling the territory, he only shows this coloration when hovering on top over the wood

whole tank

One might see the Egeria is starting to dissolve thanks to the water being quite dark. I'm likely going to replace it with wood and rocks from the middle, and maybe fixing a big piece of pennywort to it.
superb...looks fab!

jake37

I mentioned eggs - here is mom protecting her eggs from the dreaded camera:

jake37 said:

SlyDeVekio

MarkN1990 said:
Show off your tank

HI all

I'm sure there is a place for this, however I couldn't find it. I would love to see pictures of all of your tanks, looking for ideas to remodel mine and include more real plants! Please share yours below to give me ideas . Here's mine, small and basic but does the job! I am also waiting for auction pads to sort the air stone tubing it won't be left like that!

Which color do you like?

NofishB4

John58ford said:

That is beautiful! Five shade of jealous over here
SlyDeVekio said:
Which color do you like?
The blue is my first vote. Pink is 2nd

Dan1984

Love my guys!

Somethingsfishyy

John58ford said:

I’m loving the Christmas decor in the back
SlyDeVekio said:
Which color do you like?
Blue/green lit

AverageDewdrop

My 55g, I have 4 Amazon swords which the small ones I'm struggling to keep rooted bc my 11in sailfin pleco spike is a bulldozer ;p eventually back drop will be changed, all the fakes will be changed out for real plants which soon I'll get floating plants and grass, and ill eventually swap out spikes area for drift wood.

I have a few baby angels so I decided to buy things for them to hide and explore and rearrange.

Broggy

jake37 said:
I mentioned eggs - here is mom protecting her eggs from the dreaded camera:
that is so cute. I love when fish watch over their eggs\fry. my corydoras take the eggs they lay as a meal, sometimes the females mate with the males just so they can feast of their own eggs lol.

Candace

It’s still a work in progress but I just started the switch to live plants (low tech tank) and I already like the way it looks a lot more!

Gwlson7

My newest tank. Was supposed to be a shrimp only tank, but apparently I struggle with that. I added my one remaining, completely bloated white cloud, hoping she wouldn’t gorge herself on everyone else’s food in my main tank.

Broggy

Gwlson7 said:
My newest tank. Was supposed to be a shrimp only tank, but apparently I struggle with that. I added my one remaining, completely bloated white cloud, hoping she wouldn’t gorge herself on everyone else’s food in my main tank.
literally shrimp heaven

John58ford

Close ups of the three networked(nano sump) tanks. The 20L and 10 steal the extra nitrate from the 29 allowing me to do this with no added nitrogen/ferts.
29 3D:

10G:

20L

redtetra

My lovely black and white skirt tetras! Species only tank. And I love it!
John58ford said:
That lace scales great in this tank.
Beautiful tank! Very well done
jake37 said:

Beautiful tank! Well done!

wateriswet

jake37 said:

Wow! What a gorgeous tank. What is the really tall plant in the back left corner?

SlyDeVekio

wateriswet said:
Wow! What a gorgeous tank. What is the really tall plant in the back left corner?
Oh that’s just an artificial plant that came with the tank. Never thought of it that way but thanks. I actually took it out today because I thought it was crowding my new mopani wood that looks like a ghost with big straight horns. Tank is 3 weeks old.

jake37

I think you mean the madagascar lace plant but it is more middle left. The true left back corner is a huge plant but you can't see it in the picture is some sort of melon sword.

wateriswet said:

SlyDeVekio

jake37 said:
I think you mean the madagascar lace plant but it is more middle left. The true left back corner is a huge plant but you can't see it in the picture is some sort of melon sword.
Oh ok , yes it is a Amazon sword

Gwlson7

Just did a rescape on my ADA 60P. My previous layout left very little room for the fish. It’s hard to see because of the jungle, but there were a bunch of seiryu stones. Hopefully this way my neons will be a little more active with all the space. Ignore the floating Monte Carlo patches. Any pro tips to get it to stay down?

Before

After

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom