Show Off Your Bow Front

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by Leann, Apr 25, 2017.

1. LeannValued MemberMember

Hello!! Just got an amazing corner bow front aquarium and I'm looking to be inspired, show me your bow front tanks!!

74e523c83f6ef0771c8e14f4fbadd7f4.png

2. RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

What size is your corner tank? I have a 54 gallon and I love it! I don't have a current picture to add right now since the lights are out in the tank. Here's an old picture from a couple of months ago. Please ignore the cyanobacteria! :inpain: I'll have to add a current picture tomorrow so you can see the plant growth in my tank. :)

pictures 2015-2017 299.JPG
    pictures 2015-2017 299.JPG

3. LeannValued MemberMember

It is a 54 gallon! This looks good can't wait to see an update :)

4. RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

Thank you! :) I wish I wasn't struggling with diatoms so much currently. I really need to get some fast growing plants in there to combat the diatom/cyanobacteria issue!

5. RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

Here's the picture from today!

006 (2).JPG
    006 (2).JPG

Please don't mind the diatoms! I really need to pick up more amano shrimp to help with the cleaning. My black neons are hiding behind the tall roots in the back, like usual. :rolleyes: What I really wanted to do was get some val and plant it all along the back to make a natural screen to block out the wires and tubes. I haven't found anyone that grows it as a tissue culture yet. I really don't want any pest snails or weird whatevers coming into my tank with the plants.

6. LeannValued MemberMember

Fantastic growth, what light are you using to penetrate the depth?

7. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

My Bowfront

Attached Files:

8. RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

I'm using two lights. The one that came with the tank and the 30 inch Finnex Stingray. I have them both on a timer so that has helped cut back with the algae and diatoms a lot.

9. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

95cac58cea7b06271470226fa78f5dcc.jpg my first 200 litre tank, soon to go when i find a bigger 1.

10. itsayesValued MemberMember

My first tank. 46 gallon. Plants are new(ish)

cae5871de9a768bfaf3baee4e7bd565d.jpg

11. LeannValued MemberMember

Never seen a tank/stand that color I like it, what is your background it looks very nice!?

12. LeannValued MemberMember

I like the depth you've created with your scape!

13. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

Thanks its a 3d background and the tank is a beach colour but i painted it to match my skirt boards and door frames.

14. LeannValued MemberMember

Finally got the pride and joy set up, no fish yet but I can't stop staring at it!!

05e4cda23dda9d7d94b7efdd2877b4fd.jpg

7d5327a524a25b381476c203dd0afdaa.jpg

e32bec9fab83e00dd533239191bc0949.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice