Show Off Your 2.5g Setup Here.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by MossBall, Apr 20, 2017.

1. MossBallValued MemberMember

So everytime I go to the store, which has been about 12 times in 9 days now, this 2.5g tank keeps begging me to buy it. The problem is I have no idea what to put in it. So how about we make a thread where people post their 2.5g set ups and list what is in them. I have seen this for 10 & 20 gallons but I have not seen this thread for a 2.5g.
    Chances are, this thread will convince me to use a 2.5 as a quarantine tank and I am ok with that.

2. T'sTropicalTanksValued MemberMember

[​IMG]

Just a male betta. It's heated and filtered. I made a video about it. It's on my YouTube channel as well.

3. clk89Fishlore VIPMember

For a 2.5 gallon you could do a betta, dwarf shrimp, and/or snail tank. I personally have some blue shrimp now in a ten gallon along with nerite snails and they are so fun to watch. Shrimp are full of activity always swimming around, eating, and well being lively.

4. NauthesValued MemberMember

Honestly its personal preference but i don't like to keep betas in less than 5 gallons.
    2.5 gets pretty small, less room for a beta to explore and be free.

Also the water is difficult to manage. A small imbalance will have a large impact in a small tank

5. clk89Fishlore VIPMember

I'm back and forth on that myself. Then again my own betta was stressed out in a five gallon (had the stress stripes and everything). She wasn't okay until I put her in a ten gallon, which I simply moved the filter and decor from the five to the ten gallon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice