Show me your spider wood!

YellowGuppy

I bought a lovely piece of driftwood and have been googling like mad to get inspiration about how to use it, but it dawned on me that I'm part of a community that probably has things to show off!

Let's see some photos of tanks that feature some tangly limbs!

Zachsnanotanks

Haha I love using it even with a mix of other types over time the colors match

I just have twigs sticking out of the substrate with some almond leaves!

Crispii

Two pieces in a 5 gallon.

A201

Its a Manzanita stump, not spiderwood, but thought you might like to see branchy wood intertwined in rocks.

AGentJ2468

Srry for bad quality but I have my spider wood entangled with some normal driftwood!

wishkahryan

YellowGuppy said:
I bought a lovely piece of driftwood and have been googling like mad to get inspiration about how to use it, but it dawned on me that I'm part of a community that probably has things to show off!

Let's see some photos of tanks that feature some tangly limbs!
This is from when I first set it up the plants kind of consumed it tho lol

YellowGuppy

Here's what I've got! I started my tank with a couple resin ornaments, then shortly thereafter made a few out of slate (one of which I still have, on the right, covered with Java moss). This is my first foray into wood as a hardscape material, and I like it!

Rits

My 29 gallon work in progress

aussieJJDude

Technically not spiderwood, its goldenvine... But I have my suspicions they are the same thing due to colouration and 'the way it is'.

MacZ

Originally 3 pieces, broke one branch off one of them and made it 4 pieces.

Aquashrimp42

mrjohn

YellowGuppy

mrjohn said:
I love the row of stones breaking up the substrate - I have a few rocks that I've been wanting to include, but wasn't quite sure how to; I might take this idea and run with it!

mrjohn

YellowGuppy said:
I love the row of stones breaking up the substrate - I have a few rocks that I've been wanting to include, but wasn't quite sure how to; I might take this idea and run with it!
Go for it! This tank has a build journal, so you can see my struggles! Lol

Mcasella

This is tigerwood, but similar enough for the post. Subwassertang attached (looks fluffier now). Spiderwood is supposedly azalea root?

The tail from the first picture is weighted and under the substrate because it was dry and needed to be waterlogged again after adding subwassertang.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom