Show me your Goldfish Planted Tanks

AcornTheBetta
Hi all!
I'm thinking of possibly starting a goldfish tank soon and wanted some inspiration as far as scaping goes. Please post your planted goldfish tanks so I can hopefully think up some ideas! Thanks!

Nopsu
I have never kept gold fish but I've heard they are notorious on uprooting and tossing plants around and also eating some plants. There are still plant options they wont eat if you don't mind replanting stuff every now and then. Some gold fish might not even play with the plants tho..
I hope you get some nice ideas tho. I saw MDfishtanks youtuber put some light planting in the gold fish tank a while ago maybe that might inspire you :)

Gold fish tank at ~ 28:30

AcornTheBetta
Nopsu said:
I have never kept gold fish but I've heard they are notorious on uprooting and tossing plants around and also eating some plants. There are still plant options they wont eat if you don't mind replanting stuff every now and then. Some gold fish might not even play with the plants tho..
I hope you get some nice ideas tho. I saw MDfishtanks youtuber put some light planting in the gold fish tank a while ago maybe that might inspire you :)

Gold fish tank at ~ 28:30
Yeah I know they have a habit of thrashing plants so I wanted so wee what worked for other people. Thanks for the video!

YellowGuppy
This is about as close to "planted" as I've managed to get for the goldfish tank at work!
- Floating mass of hornwort
- A few java ferns that drift around to new locations hourly
- A stem of pothos in the HOB box

20210429_092838.jpg

Not exactly a Dutch aquascape, but it's nicer looking (and presumably healthier for the fish!) than it was before I got to it, so I'm still calling it a win.

Latest threads

Top Bottom