Show me you then and now tank pictures

The_fishy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1,157
Location
Maryland/Pennsylvania
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d love to see people’s then and now pictures of their tanks, particularly images that have at about a year gap between them or longer.

For example:

My 7 gallon July 11th
DB8A310F-7306-4C31-BB2B-1B3EEA2C4FCA.jpeg


My 7 gallon this July
9C341751-5524-4962-9B06-5441AE23F742.jpeg

Besides the addition of few swords and two small crypts, the rest of the change is just due to growth or propagations.
 

VeiltailKing

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,267
Reaction score
1,356
Experience
5 to 10 years
My 10 gallon January 19th, 2020:
2A347D9B-53CB-4DF1-A1B5-A72882D2F00B.jpeg
My 10 gallon as of July 11th, 2020:
F69DA6D4-F5D3-484C-9ED8-26FAFD99D162.jpeg
Not a year gap, but it is quite a significant difference. This tank was setup completely different a year ago, which I can include!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
The_fishy

The_fishy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1,157
Location
Maryland/Pennsylvania
Experience
5 to 10 years
VeiltailKing said:
My 10 gallon January 19th, 2020:
2A347D9B-53CB-4DF1-A1B5-A72882D2F00B.jpeg
My 10 gallon as of July 11th, 2020:
F69DA6D4-F5D3-484C-9ED8-26FAFD99D162.jpeg
Not a year gap, but it is quite a significant difference. This tank was setup completely different a year ago, which I can include!
It looks great! I love how the plants are dimming the light in the lower sections, it makes the bright green pop.
 

tuggerlake26

Active Member
Member
Messages
243
Reaction score
218
Location
Chicago, USA
Experience
More than 10 years
Not a year, but this was a tank I moved across town 5/2/2020:
20200502_124851.jpg


And this is it over the fourth of July weekend:
20200705_175940.jpg


My plants have gone crazy, minus the hairgrass which my lights just aren't bright enough for.
 

Berryblue

Active Member
Member
Messages
123
Reaction score
98
Location
Brooklyn, NY
Experience
5 to 10 years
These pics are 12 months apart. I did a major rescape at the beginning of this year.

IMG_0603.jpg


Aquascape 07-12-20.jpg" data-xf-init="lightbox" data-lb-single-image="1" data-lb-container-zoom="1" data-lb-trigger=".js-lbImage-attachment714250" data-lb-id="attachment714250">
Aquascape 07-12-20.jpg
 

SmearingsFish

New Member
Member
Messages
41
Reaction score
20
Location
America
Experience
4 years
so, I can’t find an earlier picture than this, but here’s this tank semi-transition. it used to just be those weird log things in the tank. (It was so bad because I fell into a horrible depression. When I first set up the tank it looked a bit better.)7B4FA409-96C5-4314-8DB2-243FBB60B9AB.jpeg
And here’s the tank now! I plan on getting some live plants for it soon, other than the bamboo.image.jpg
Sorry its not that great. I’m working up some money
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
The_fishy

The_fishy

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
1,157
Location
Maryland/Pennsylvania
Experience
5 to 10 years
tuggerlake26 said:
Not a year, but this was a tank I moved across town 5/2/2020:
20200502_124851.jpg


And this is it over the fourth of July weekend:
20200705_175940.jpg


My plants have gone crazy, minus the hairgrass which my lights just aren't bright enough for.
The growth explosion looks awesome! I love the plant depth you have going. Also, is that your discus that is in buysell/trade?

Berryblue said:
These pics are 12 months apart. I did a major rescape at the beginning of this year.

IMG_0603.jpg


Aquascape 07-12-20.jpg
I really like how you have the front very clean and added some more textures and colors. The reddish plants by the rock on the right just really draw your eye and create a nice visual balance.

SmearingsFish said:
so, I can’t find an earlier picture than this, but here’s this tank semi-transition. it used to just be those weird log things in the tank. (It was so bad because I fell into a horrible depression. When I first set up the tank it looked a bit better.)7B4FA409-96C5-4314-8DB2-243FBB60B9AB.jpeg
And here’s the tank now! I plan on getting some live plants for it soon, other than the bamboo.image.jpg
Sorry its not that great. I’m working up some money
Some more plants will look great! I like your gravel swap and the cave structure. Maybe consider some tall rocks or branchy hardscape in there to help accent your bamboo? You can get quartz super cheap at one of those outdoor wholesale rock places if you are interested in that. For a 120 gallon tank, I got 100lbs of quartz chunks for $9 and still didn’t need it all.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
180
Guests online
3,151
Total visitors
3,331

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom