Shout out to Bob

Discussion in 'Commercial Websites' started by cichlidmac, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

I've been buying my plants from Bobstropicalplants.com for over a year now. Just wanted to mention them here as they have been awesome to work with. They ship right away, they have great prices, and good customer service. There was a mistake on my first order, I was sent the wrong plants, so they shipped me bonus plants for free!

Here is the crypt mioya and crypt pontederiifolia I just got.
    uploadfromtaptalk1357019614592.jpguploadfromtaptalk1357019637501.jpg

Can't see the red in the mioya in this pick but it looks awesome in person.

2. Dlondon95Well Known MemberMember

Shout out to Bob!

Nice looking plants! I might go check out the site!

3. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Bobs tropical plants

I've bought several orders of plants and snails from bobstropicalplants.com, these people are awesome to work with. There was one wrong plant in my very first order, bob was on vacation when he got back he sent me the correct plant + some for free! The plants have all been healthy and have done great right away in my tanks.imageimageimage

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  4. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Re: Bobs tropical plants

Crud I just found my old review thought it was gone. It's not under my tapatalk threads :( feel free to remove this one.

5. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

I just placed a order with bobs grabbed some fish too spent about 100 bucks lol couldn't help myself he has great prices!

6. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Sweet let me know what you think!

7. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Figured I show an update on the crypt. Mioya I got in the picture above. Look at all the red that has come out. uploadfromtaptalk1360548281736.jpg

8. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Merged threads.

Ken

9. JeaniceValued MemberMember

I'm having a terrible time getting them to respond to my email. I've got $100 just sitting in my shopping cart but can't order until I hear from them. Grrr...

10. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Hmmm Bob is a very busy guy, what are you waiting for?

11. JeaniceValued MemberMember

And here we go again. I'm not one of those people that complain about everything and always give people the benefit of doubt because life happens. But this is an honest to goodness situation where the vendor consistently takes 5 days to respond to emails and doesn't ship your order when they say they will. Bob's ships Sat, Mon, Tue only. I placed my order Saturday morning, Monday was a holiday so I figure it will get shipped (Express) Tuesday. Wednesday night I was worried because my order didn't arrive. So, I go check my order status on Bob's website and find out my order wasn't shipped! Now I get to wait ANOTHER week before my order ships. I used the contact link but still haven't received a response. Ridiculous!

The crazy thing... I received my tax refund (nice fat one) and I have 3 new tanks set up and all are cycling so I can have 3 more shrimp-only tanks. I have learned my lesson with Bob's and they will not be getting any more of my money, that's for sure.

Sorry for the rant but I feel much better now.

12. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

i did not enjoy the long wait. took 2 weeks for her to ship them out. The Half of the fish were DOA . The plants were tiny and for the price i paid i should have gotten bigger ones. Trying to contact them is a joke better off buying somewhere else

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  13. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Wow guys Im so sorry! I have never had a problem with them. My plants have always been large and healthy I've posted several pics in the past. I really feel bad now :confused:

14. JeaniceValued MemberMember

I had the same problem with plants. Didn't want to mention it because I already sounded like a lunatic. I ordered 2 Anubias coffefolia and when they got here each one had 3 small leaves. She did give me an extra but it was worse than the other two. Then there was the Java Ferns...

15. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

so bob reshipped me some fish. Fish came threw ok . But i ordered some plants also... What a waste of time and money. The plants were tiny and mostly brown broken or dead . all i can say is expect disappointment . Every thing in original order is randomly out of stock after i pay. Don't even get me started about the shipping times

16. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

Dang man my orders were awesome, maybe his operation was tiny and after I shared my experience he got to many orders to fill idk?

Edit my anubias from him still rockin image

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  17. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

i think he is actually a she*

18. cichlidmacWell Known MemberMember

I think she takes over most of the time from what I gathered in emails.

19. JeaniceValued MemberMember

When my shrimp order finally arrived they were all happy and healthy. I paid for Express Mail tho. She refunded me shipping amounts since the website doesn't calculate shipping prices accurately. She does have great prices so maybe its worth it. Only wish there weren't so many out of stock all the time.

20. JeaniceValued MemberMember

Update on bobstropicalplants.com

It seems the customer service is getting better. At least I haven't had to wait TWO weeks for her to ship my order. Maybe she got behind or had some personal issues. Communication is faster now. She willingly replaces DOA shrimp. I have no problem ordering fish and shrimp from there anymore. Great prices!

Plants? I ordered one Cryptocoryne tropica (beautiful, full and large) and one Marsilea crenata (horrible!, no leaves, only stems that are missing leaves, a few new leaves poking out). I don't think I will be ordering plants from there anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice