Shout Out To A Store

Lynn78too

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not but I thought I should give a small shout out to a local chain for attempting to give good information to their customers.

The other day I went to Pet Supplies Plus to get some stuff for the rabbit and was looking at their fish stuff (duh). They had a few bettas there and one was in a 5 gallon tank. Under it was multiple 5 page information sheets free for anyone on proper betta care. On the betta's tank was a small 3x3 sign that said this is an example of a proper betta fish set-up. Then it listed all of the things you should have (larger tank, live plants, filter, heater, water changes, etc). I was quite impressed.

Then today, I went to the one right by my house to get a couple more rosy red minnows for my pond. For those who don't know what rosy reds are, they're the ones that are feeders, about 100 in the filthy tank, you know the ones, they look like goldfish but aren't necessarily. Anyways, I went to get my $.14 (on sale for $.12 woohoo!) fish with my quarters in hand. As I walked to the fish area, there was someone at the tank. I said I needed some, she said no, they were being treat for ich! I have never heard for a store treating feeders for anything. I will definitely be going back to get my little guys again. Pet Supplies Plus is local to the Chicagoland area, I think there are around 20 stores. As far as I know they aren't anywhere else.

Anyways, I felt the need to give a shout out, so many times we talk bad about the chain stores that it's good to hear something positive every once in a while. . Sorry if it's not allowed, let me know and delete it.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
wow thats a geat story, its so good to hear fish stores doing whats right and not only worryibg about making a buck

alauruin

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We have Pet Supplies Plus in Pennsylvania too. I'll have to check one out and see if they're as good around here.

Zypher023

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
chromedome52 said:
There are also a few in Michigan, but I've not seen that level of care at these.
That’s great! Same when I lived in Michigan though, I still went to the LFS over them.

We have one down here in Austin, Texas. It’s far from me though on the opposite side of town. There’s also one near Columbus, Ohio when I lived there for a few weeks, that’s where I went. I think they’ve been expanding.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom