Shouldn't there be....more in here?

KonaBoy

There's just the sponge in there right now (I just got the filter the other day). Is there supposed to be more in there? I know both my other filters have bags of something, and a sponge. Is there something missing? Or am I just crazy?

Cory

Butterfly
Looks good to me. You could add some floss if you want or think you need it.
carol

KonaBoy
Ok I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something

sirdarksol
Yeah, blue thing looks like bio media. Then it looks like there's a frame holding a carbon bag in front of that, correct? Like butterfly said, you could add floss, but it isn't necessary.

KonaBoy
Thanks

COBettaCouple
If you have carbon in the filter, I'd either remove it or replace it weekly. I like to get extra sponges in those filters.

sirdarksol
Yeah, a lot of people just empty the carbon out of the bags (or don't fill them, or fill them with a little bit of filter floss). The carbon only has limited effect, and eventually will degrade and release everything it's soaked up back into the tank. It's best used for removing medicine and helping clean the tank if you've spilled something in it.

Lucy
That looks like the filter I have. I make a slit and empty the carbon out.

nugzboltz
Hi, I had the same filter before I replaced it with an Aquaclear 30. Your filter is missing something that my filter had, which is a white sponge in a plastic frame that slid in right in behind the blue sponge, next to the out take. That was the biological part of the filter.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pfrozen
Replies
Views
outlaw
Replies