Should I Use Prime And Stability?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Chandell, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Chandell

ChandellValued MemberMember

I use ro water in my 38 gallon tank that consists of six Julii cories and I betta. I was told since using ro water to add equilibrium, which I have just done. Should I also be using seachem prime and/or stability?

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

I wouldn't use those other two. Firstly ro water is devoid of minerals and therefore, yes you need the equilibrium. Seachem prime is a dechlorinator that would only need to be used if you were using water from a tap. the ro system takes chlorine out of the water, so you don't need it. Stability isn't needed either because you don't want to be messing with your ph unless you plan on being extremely on top of it to keep it from varying. The important thing about Ph is keeping it stable. You don't want it to varie, otherwise this causes stress.

3. OP
    OP
    Chandell

Thank you so much, I didn’t think I needed prime or stability but just wanted to make sure. Do you know if equilibrium is dangerous if not measured exactly?

4. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

everything in the world is poisonous if you have enough of it. I would think equilibrium is okay if you go a little over or under but don't over do it.

5. OP
    OP
    Chandell

Okay perfect. I have a 38 gallon so I replace three and half 5 gallon pails of water equaling about 50%. It says to use 1 tbsp for every 20 gallons. So I only used 1 tbsp. I hope that’s okay!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice