Should I Use Co2 Tabs?

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Are you asking about root tabs? Substrate fertilizer? CO2 is dosed by adding the gas or by using a liquid compound (metricide).

As java fern is not planted in the substrate, root tabs will not be very helpful to them; however, it would be beneficial for your other plants.

What lighting is on your tank? Which tank are these plants in?

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Raptor,

I'm guessing you're talking about a product similar to these:
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=244165475601912

From what I've heard these tabs can be somewhat unreliable and cannot maintain a consistent amount of CO2 in the water. Flourish Excel is a good alternative to CO2 injection, although it has been known to cause problems with anacharis.

More info would be helpful in determining whether or not your plants truly need CO2 though, if you could answer Dena's questions we could give you more advice regarding CO2.

-Bass master

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I wasn't aware someone had made CO2 tabs. Thanks for the info!

In reading the description it states that these tabs are for nano tanks. I wouldn't imagine they are very useful for a larger tank.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
catsma_97504 said:
In reading the description it states that these tabs are for nano tanks. I wouldn't imagine they are very useful for a larger tank.
Seems these make a come back every few years. The ones years ago fizzed like alka seltzer. I wouldn't think they would hold a good enough level to be effective for a larger tank.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom