Should I use CO2 Injection?

1. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Planted tank Newbie here!
    My current set up is a 47Gal with a BN Pleco, white cloud Minnows, RCS, guppies and their fry, cardinal tetras, some Kuhli loaches in the future and a Nerite snail. I have the tank planted, and I'm thinking about going high tech. I really need advice on this one. The current plants I have are:
    Elodea Densa
    Ech. Digital
    Ech. Amazonicus
    Ech. Belheri
    Brazilian Elodea
    Myrophillium Pinnatum/Foxtail Green
    Anubias Nana
    Anubias Barteri
    Java Moss
    Wisteria Difformis/water wisteria
    Slavinia Minima
    Water Hyacinth
    And a little Marimo.

I bought a load of carpeting plants on eBay (120 stems) and I know I need high light to get a proper carpet. I have two T8s and one is a 30W 6,700K daylight and the other is 30W 18,000k PowerGlo. Will these be okay? If not what should I use? I currently don't add fertilisers, but I used to add 20ml of Flora Boost during my weekly water change. I stopped adding it about a month ago and everything seems fine. I have a sand substrate with plant substrate at the bottom for the deep rooting plants. But of course, the two have mixed together in places.

What do I need to do to get like, a cross between a Dutch style and jungle style aquarium? Do I need CO2 and fertilisers? Should I change my lights?
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Thank you ^_^

4. Aqua Hero Well Known Member Member

You need ferts but not co2 injection. You can use liquid carbon.

If you do use co2 injection your plants will grow really fast