Should I use CO2 Injection?

1. BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Planted tank Newbie here!
    My current set up is a 47Gal with a BN Pleco, white cloud Minnows, RCS, guppies and their fry, cardinal tetras, some Kuhli loaches in the future and a Nerite snail. I have the tank planted, and I'm thinking about going high tech. I really need advice on this one. The current plants I have are:
    Elodea Densa
    Ech. Digital
    Ech. Amazonicus
    Ech. Belheri
    Brazilian Elodea
    Myrophillium Pinnatum/Foxtail Green
    Anubias Nana
    Anubias Barteri
    Java Moss
    Wisteria Difformis/water wisteria
    Slavinia Minima
    Water Hyacinth
    And a little Marimo.

I bought a load of carpeting plants on eBay (120 stems) and I know I need high light to get a proper carpet. I have two T8s and one is a 30W 6,700K daylight and the other is 30W 18,000k PowerGlo. Will these be okay? If not what should I use? I currently don't add fertilisers, but I used to add 20ml of Flora Boost during my weekly water change. I stopped adding it about a month ago and everything seems fine. I have a sand substrate with plant substrate at the bottom for the deep rooting plants. But of course, the two have mixed together in places.

What do I need to do to get like, a cross between a Dutch style and jungle style aquarium? Do I need CO2 and fertilisers? Should I change my lights?
    Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumping this up for you

3. OP
    OP
    BlackNotebookTanks

BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

Thank you ^_^

4. Aqua Hero

Aqua Hero Well Known Member Member

You need ferts but not co2 injection. You can use liquid carbon.

If you do use co2 injection your plants will grow really fast