Should i upgrade my tank size

ghostguy420

hello im wondering if my 37 gallon is to small for my pleco not sure species but seems smaller 3 albino corys 4 black kuhli loaches and a yoyo loach all are very young bought within a month an a half ago

Ouse

What species of pleco?

What are the dimensions of the tank?

kallililly1973

Being that you mainly have bottom dwellers I would say yes to an upgrade. Pics can help with your pleco ID

ghostguy420

What species of pleco?

What are the dimensions of the tank?
30 inches long 12.4 in width 22 in height
Being that you mainly have bottom dwellers I would say yes to an upgrade. Pics can help with your pleco ID
do you have a suggestion of size by chance?

Ouse

30 inches long 12.4 in width 22 in height
Yep, with the loaches in mind (and whatever species the pleco could be), you might want to upgrade if not rehome if possible. The tank could have double the length while staying 37 gallons if it weren’t so ridiculously tall. I hate how manufacturers prioritise the height so much. :facepalm:

ProudPapa

do you have a suggestion of size by chance?

The largest you have room and money for. I like the 40 gallon breeder tanks. The volume isn't much larger than your 37, but it has a larger footprint (36" x 18").

ghostguy420

Yep, with the loaches in mind (and whatever species the pleco could be), you might want to upgrade if not rehome if possible. The tank could have double the length while staying 37 gallons if it weren’t so ridiculously tall. I hate how manufacturers prioritise the height so much. :facepalm:
alright thanks alot do you have a suggestion on size

Ouse

Try a tank with a 120cm x 40cm footprint. If you can, go bigger.

ghostguy420

The largest you have room and money for. I like the 40 gallon breeder tanks. The volume isn't much larger than your 37, but it has a larger footprint (36" x 18").
thank you very much this helps alot

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
AndEEss
Replies
Views
darthlung
  • Question
Replies
Views
mxnewss