Should I try fixing my aquarium stand?

Fishowner24

So I was installing this same fish tank stand but bigger and I realized that I installed the top piece wrong on one I have had for like 2 years now with a 40 gallon fish tank on it. I want to know if I should try and take my tank off and try and flip the piece around. I would have to empty my tank about 90 percent to do so. Or do you guys think it won't matter to much.

FranciscoPagan

Well, does having this piece upside down affect the structure or is it just cosmetic, for looks?

Fishowner24

Well, does having this piece upside down affect the structure or is it just cosmetic, for looks?
here is a video I just made to try and help explain the problem.

FranciscoPagan

here is a video I just made to try and help explain the problem.
Well if those beams on the top are not flush with the top I would fix it, since that should help structurally

KingOscar

No worries. Only the aquarium bottom plastic frame needs support, and you have that. The metal cross brace is still doing its job as positioned, it doesn't touch the aquarium frame or glass either way. Flipping it may look better (from the bottom!) but changes nothing support wise.

Fishowner24

No worries. Only the aquarium bottom plastic frame needs support, and you have that. The metal cross brace is still doing its job as positioned, it doesn't touch the aquarium frame or glass either way. Flipping it may look better (from the bottom!) but changes nothing support wise.
ok thanks for the help!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Derek88242
  • Question
Replies
Views
AquEric
Replies
Views
david1978