Should i trust my aquarium after moving?

steAMYz

I allowed my glass 29g to be shipped with a ton of packing paper in a much larger cardboard box rather than paying the moving company to crate it. I intended to just buy another on this end because of the unknown conditions, but now I’m wondering if I should try it out. Would a 24 hour water test suffice in checking for leaks? What else should I do? Would you just buy another?

I’m itching to get my tank going, so I keep thinking about trying it, but my better judgement says not to. Then again, I’ve put a lot of faith in tanks from petco when I’ve found huge cracks in some of the ones on the shelves. I can’t stop this internal back and forth! Help me out!

Crimson_687

Well Known
I think it should be fine. You can feel along the silicone to check for any damages. If you’d like, you can even scrape off the old layer of silicone and apply a new one, though I wouldn’t do this unless the current silicone is damaged. As for glass cracks, you can replace the panel, or just buy a new tank during $ per gallon. Maybe you could upgrade :)

OP
S

steAMYz

Crimson_687 said:
I think it should be fine. You can feel along the silicone to check for any damages. If you’d like, you can even scrape off the old layer of silicone and apply a new one, though I wouldn’t do this unless the current silicone is damaged. As for glass cracks, you can replace the panel, or just buy a new tank during $ per gallon. Maybe you could upgrade :)
Thanks! I really appreciate the input! I don’t have much experience yet. I really want to upgrade, but I don’t have a stand for a bigger tank. I thought my husband could build me one, but he just doesn’t have time right now.

New Threads