Should I Treat the Tank?

bcsay720

Long story short, I had to separate my two honey gouramis in QT. Nothing aggressive was happening, but one was guarding the food.

These two have been getting Cupramine treatment since Saturday (when I purchased them) at about 80 degree F water (heater + my warm apartment). One fish in their store tank had ich, but they have both looked fine (and I inspected them closely several times a day) and have been behaving normally. So I decided to move the one that wasn't getting food to the main tank (with reservations, since it's only been four days, and I usually QT for 2 weeks).

Well, under the beautiful lights I have for the main tank, I saw three miniscule white spots on the honey. He was only in there for about two minutes, and I took him out and put him in a bucket in about 2.5 gallons of water with plastic decor and lots of frogbit to nibble the roots off of. I'm treating him with cupramine again.

I think he will be fine since he's already been in treatment, BUT I'm more worried about the main tank now. Do I need to treat with only two minutes of exposure? In there, I have glowlight tetras, peppered cories, a nerite, and a ghost shrimp. If I needed to take out the nerite, I could easily move her down to my betta's tank (he's lived with her before and finds her entertaining, so that shouldn't be an issue). Cories, I know, can be sensitive to meds, so I would aim to do a half dose to avoid.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

BigManAquatics

I would keep an eye on it. Don't think you necessarily need to treat yet.

Upvote 0

Flyfisha

I would not treat the main tank that had a fish with ich in it for just 2 minutes.

I would use a strong torch/ flashlight/ bedside light to keep a close eye on the other fish for a fortnight.

Upvote 0

bcsay720

I look for ich every day even though none of them have ever had it, so I'll continue to be vigilent! Thanks, as always.
I would not treat the main tank that had a fish with ich in it for just 2 minutes.

I would use a strong torch/ flashlight/ bedside light to keep a close eye on the other fish for a fortnight.

Yes, no more checking for ich by just using natural light. I've never come into contact with it before, so I didn't realize how small it could be.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
bobduhgeek
Replies
Views
deadmanswill
Replies