Should I Take These Rocks Out?

ASHLEY R COOK

Member
Is this rust? I'm not sure what kind of rocks. They were at Petsmart and are a top fin brand. Should I return them?

Edit: I realize I posted this is the water forum. Wrong section.
 

Jake123

Member
it looks like algae or maybe just debris your fish should be fine
 

Fanatic

Member
I have these exact rocks, and it is not rust.
They have been used in my tanks for a while, and I have seen this come and go from them.

Does it rub off?
 
  • Thread Starter

ASHLEY R COOK

Member
Fanatic said:
I have these exact rocks, and it is not rust.
They have been used in my tanks for a while, and I have seen this come and go from them.

Does it rub off?
I haven't tried.
 
  • Thread Starter

ASHLEY R COOK

Member
Jeka said:
it looks like algae or maybe just debris your fish should be fine
I would be ok with algae!
 

JB92668

yes it will be ok with the algae your rocks are safe 4 your fish
 
  • Thread Starter

ASHLEY R COOK

Member
I didn't now algae isn't always green. Lol
I'm such a noob
 

JB92668

there is a few kinds of algae green brown hair algae and black spot algae just to name a few lots of people don't know much about algae and the diffrent types
 

DoubleDutch

Member
They are no problem Ashley. Even if it would be rust / iron.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom