Question Should I rescue this baby betta?

Auds27

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
13
Hey guys!

So question I was at the pet store the other day getting better water conditioner for my girl in the 10 gallon! And I walked pass the Glo betta as usual and saw a super tiny baby girl betta and seeing her there made me super upset knowing that they sell them that tiny!! I was wondering do you guys think I should rescue her?! Or not worth it? I have a tank that has been cycling for a week it’s a 5 gallon so...
 

BlackMolly99

Active Member
Member
Messages
216
Reaction score
133
Location
ON Canada
Experience
2 years
It's up to you, if you have a tank and the money for it totally, but don't feel like you have too.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
Auds27

Auds27

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
13
BlackMolly99 said:
It's up to you, if you have a tank and the money for it totally, but don't feel like you have too.
hehe I do have enough money! I’m turning into a crazy fish lady would u rescue her?
 

jkkgron2

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,023
Reaction score
1,697
Experience
3 years
Auds27 said:
hehe I do have enough money! I’m turning into a crazy fish lady would u rescue her?
If she seems like she’s healthy enough that she could make it then yes I would rescue her but if she’s half dead then I wouldn’t rescue her.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Auds27

Auds27

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
13
jkkgron2 said:
If she seems like she’s healthy enough that she could make it then yes I would rescue her but if she’s half dead then I wouldn’t rescue her.
When I saw her on Monday she seemed really alert and happy so. :)
 

Gel0city

Well Known
Member
Messages
714
Reaction score
742
Experience
3 years
If you manage to buy her, I would love to see a picture!
 

Debbie1986

Well Known
Member
Messages
654
Reaction score
525
If I didn't already have so many Bettas, I'd totally get one.

Good luck with your new addition.
 

Jaykay1stBetta

Active Member
Member
Messages
87
Reaction score
14
Location
Phoenix
Experience
Just started
Auds27 said:
Hey guys!

So question I was at the pet store the other day getting better water conditioner for my girl in the 10 gallon! And I walked pass the Glo betta as usual and saw a super tiny baby girl betta and seeing her there made me super upset knowing that they sell them that tiny!! I was wondering do you guys think I should rescue her?! Or not worth it? I have a tank that has been cycling for a week it’s a 5 gallon so...
Couldn't hurt to give her a better life and watch her grow and maybe upgrade the tank size when she gets bigger
 

aBettaNamedRoy

Active Member
Member
Messages
170
Reaction score
174
Experience
1 year
I rescued a Glo betta not long ago! She was one of the few fish doing well in her cup, and, for under ten dollars, it seemed unfair not to bring her home. Though she is not the most beautiful of my bettas, she is certainly one of the most personable, and absolutely fearless!

Did you end up getting yours? How is she?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #16
OP
Auds27

Auds27

New Member
Member
Messages
26
Reaction score
13
Hey guys!! Sadly I didn’t get to the store in time to save the baby betta ): I hope she’s in better place wherever she is!!
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
151
Guests online
2,003
Total visitors
2,154

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom