Should I replace my 210 gallon tank?

Krisk88
What's up guys. So this has always been in the back of my mind... I got a 210 Aqueon megaflow tank from a friend of mine (I've seen it setup with water and fish in it at his house.) He said he had it for around 5 years and he bought it used. He thinks it was around 4 years old when he got it. I've had it setup for a year now and no problems. So it's around 10 years old. There is no sticker on the bottom of the tank- its ripped off so I don't know exactly how old it is. Do you think I should start thinking about replacing it soon due to age? The seams seem fine. There are no bubbles in between the panels. The silicone in the tank is still there but on some spots you can lift part of it up with your finger. Should I think about replacing the tank soon? What do you think?

AcuarioAmazonico
I would say you empty it, reseal it and make sure it can last a while longer.

Then take the money you would’ve spent on a 210g and get a 210g and woohoo: two tanks

Advertisement
Krisk88
Lol, I would just get a new tank! I'm not one for re sealing nor do I have a garage to do it in lol.

kallililly1973
Sell it and tell the buyer it needs to be resealed ( even though it holds water ) and put that money towards a new one. Done!

Krisk88
I'll look and see how much I can get. Now the stand is an aqueon wood stand. That should be good though right?

jkkgron2
At least $300 maybe a bit more

Krisk88
Gotcha. I'm going to start saving now! It maybe good but just a peace of mind to having a brand new fish tank would be good.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JoeCamaro
Replies
Views
Fishowner24
Replies
Views
KDS
Replies
Views