Should I remove this?

Ssnaaiil

So I’ve had this moss for about a month and it arrived pretty brown and kinda started greening up a bit over the last couple weeks but it’s not growing much, I have other plants that you can see definite growth/change but this moss just seems like it’s giving up...I’m about ready to give up on it

Here it is 2 weeks after I got it(7/22)
101D0F1A-4FB2-41C6-92E3-A1DB63FA3676.jpeg

Here it is (7/27)
38A78A14-6BD7-4AF7-AB7B-FE90F19042C7.jpeg

And here it is today (8/4)
22CAE115-4CCC-4383-B730-E25AE03CFD0A.jpeg

EDIT: just after posting this, I looked at each photo and it seems to have been getting worse/dying more. Should I just remove it??

RomeoOscar

I believe moss is a high tech plant....ive had it like that it grows best on co2 and good lighting.. I have all of it now and the moss is doing fine.

Ssnaaiil

RomeoOscar said:
I believe moss is a high tech plant....ive had it like that it grows best on co2 and good lighting.. I have all of it now and the moss is doing fine.
I didn’t realize moss needed co2....oops

RomeoOscar

Ssnaaiil said:
I didn’t realize moss needed co2....oops
I mean everywhere on the Internet it says it's low tech just put it in water and it'll grow.... Not my experience mine always turned brown eventually. Only been doing good with high tech stuff (good ferts, lighting and co2)

Ssnaaiil

Does flame moss need co2?

mimo91088

I have java moss and christmas moss doing fine in low tech tanks. I don't know what's wrong with yours but I don't think it's CO2. But yea that looks dead.

RomeoOscar

No idea didn't know that one, but looks pretty cool. If you put the moss under very bright light it'll still do some growing but not thaaat much. Is your light any good? Can't tell form the procures

RomeoOscar

That one moss looks pretty bad though I would probably throw it away and get a new one. Try to get a better lamp maybe it'll help

Ssnaaiil

I have a nicrew RBG+ 24/7 light

RomeoOscar

Ssnaaiil said:
I have a nicrew RBG+ 24/7 light
Eh well I don't know what that is but it sounds good enough...? Do you fertilize? Or was the moss in a shaded area? Also what temperature is it? They thrive under light source in cooler water...

Ssnaaiil

I use thriveC for fertilizer and it was not shaded at all, tank temp is 78/79

RomeoOscar

Ssnaaiil said:
I use thriveC for fertilizer and it was not shaded at all, tank temp is 78/79
I heard of that one, supposedly one of the best. They don't sell that here... I don't know then.... Maybe a bad moss? Is this your first attempt?
If you have enough light and ferts it should be growing at least something. That's weird

Ssnaaiil

RomeoOscar said:
I heard of that one, supposedly one of the best. They don't sell that here... I don't know then.... Maybe a bad moss? Is this your first attempt?
If you have enough light and ferts it should be growing at least something. That's weird
I think it was DOA it was pretty brown when I got it in the mail.

Top Bottom