Should I Remove Aquarium Stock While I Am Rescaping?

tum0r

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I plan to rearrange my aquascape soon, I think it might be pretty stressful and a little hazardous for the fish to still be in the tank while this occurs. Is it a good or bad idea to remove my dwarf gouramI and 2 platies while I do this?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can, but I personally do not recommend removing the fish.
Since you don't have much fish, just go ahead.

OP
tum0r

tum0r

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Fanatic said:
You can, but I personally do not recommend removing the fish.
Since you don't have much fish, just go ahead.
dwarfpufferlover said:
Agreed, I only remove if changing substrate otherwise they get over it.
Alright awesome! On a side note, if I were to add new fish to the aquarium, would it be a bad idea to remove my current stock from the aquarium and then reintroduce all the fish at once?

sleow

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
tum0r said:
Alright awesome! On a side note, if I were to add new fish to the aquarium, would it be a bad idea to remove my current stock from the aquarium and then reintroduce all the fish at once?
I would say it depends on what fish you are introducing and the personality of your current fish. If the new fish is semi-aggressive, then I would carefully monitor the intro with the dwarf gouramI and how the new fish reacts to new tank mates. The platys probably won't care all that much. Generally, you don't need to take out all of the fish when introducing a new one.

OP
tum0r

tum0r

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
sleow said:
I would say it depends on what fish you are introducing and the personality of your current fish. If the new fish is semi-aggressive, then I would carefully monitor the intro with the dwarf gouramI and how the new fish reacts to new tank mates. The platys probably won't care all that much. Generally, you don't need to take out all of the fish when introducing a new one.
Alright, thank you for the reply, much appreciated

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom