Should I prune this back?

SpecialPatrolGroup

I have three live plants in my tank, and a few fake ones. I do like to have the colour of the fake ones in there but I love my real plants the most.

One of them is a bit berserk, though. The photos attached are of *after* I trimmed it back a bit.

The fish love it, especially the fry. I'd say about 75% of the fish spend most of their time in this plant.

But, could it "choke" the aquarium at this size? My aquarium is a metre long (just over 3ft) and this plant takes up half of it. Should I think it out a bit?

(PS the water is not murky, I just can't get any good photos with this phone.)

StarGirl

Looks fine to me. There is still plenty of swimming room. :)

Fisch

What is this plant? I need one of those :)

Tigerburp

I think you can trim ,plants like those would grow quickly after a good trim

SpecialPatrolGroup

What is this plant? I need one of those :)
I have no idea! But my goodness, it's prolific - it's done this over the course of only a few months :eek:

Tigerburp

I
I have no idea! But my goodness, it's prolific - it's done this over the course of only a few months :eek:
If you are using a google phone you could take a picture and put it through google lens to try and find out

SpecialPatrolGroup

I

If you are using a google phone you could take a picture and put it through google lens to try and find out
I was thinking I might do something like that. I have an android but there are lots of apps that I could use to identify. Or, I'll just go back to where I bought it (any excuse lol) and see what it says on the label.

BradleyH2O

I’m interested in finding out what it is as well. It’s pretty sweet!

BradleyH2O

StarGirl Fisch I think I found out what type of plant this is. Look up Najas Guadalupensis Grass aka Guppy Grass. This would be primo for fry or shrimp

StarGirl

Guppy grass has really thin shorter leaves. Looks more like Pogostemon Octopus to me. Im not sure if thats it though. SeattleRoy SnookusFish anything?

Fisch

If it is Pogostemon, that's another plant that does not make it in my tanks. So please let it be something different ;)
though it looks pretty close.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
Replies
Views
LynnwoodFishDad
Replies
Views
LeviS
Replies
Views
Coradee