Should I Move The Baby Firemouth Cichlids? Help

Discussion in 'Firemouth Cichlid' started by CaptainAquatics, Apr 16, 2019.

1. CaptainAquaticsWell Known MemberMember

Hi! As some of you know my firemouth cichlids has fry a little while ago, anyway the fry are starting to stray from the parents and are getting eaten. I obviously don’t want this to happen and I want to move them to my QT but there are a couple problems:
    Problem 1:
    I have 3 fish in QT currently. They are just some Molly’s and a platy for my community tank. I have had them about a week, however they were at the pet store for a week or two as well. They seem to be doing well, but I don’t know, what would you do?
    Problem 2:
    I don’t want to stress the baby’s to much, the water parameters might be a bit off and I don’t want that to be a problem, do you think moving them would be to stressful?
    Problem 3:
    I am wondering how I am going to catch these guys, what do you recommend?

Thanks in advance :)

@richie.p @Coptapia (those are the people I can remember lol, otherwise I would tag more)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

I would just use a fry/shrimp net, that usually works for fry, the water parameters might be off, but I would just slowly ease the different water, into say a 1-2 gal. Tank, just so they can get used to the water!! That might not have made sense, feel free to ask more questions!!:):)