should i move shadow

1. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

I have had my betta shadow in a 2.5 gallon tank for one year and a half..i have him with two cherry shrimp..he is not aggressive...i was thinking of moving him to my ten gallon which houses two male and two female guppys...do you guys think he would like that move...or just keep him in the ..2.5 gallon

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'd personally leave him in the 2.5 gallon.

3. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

The only reason i wanted to do is because i know he is not aggressive and wanted to get a new betta for the 2.5

4. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I mean you *could* do it and see. I just never want to due to the chance things can end bad. What if he attacks one of the male guppies? I had one when I was a kid that was fine in a community setting until I had a guppy in there with him. He attacked it....

Either way its up to you if you want to try it don't get the new betta until you've had this one in the 10 for like a week and its working well. That way you have a back up plan.

5. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

Ill do that....thanks

6. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

IMO one week is too short to determine whether or not it'll work, he can be fine one day then suddenly decide he doesn't like the guppies and attack them. You have to watch him carefully too, you won't know until you try it.