Should I move goldfish?

Taritus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello all
About two months ago I bought some feeder goldfish for my frog jabba
However he didn't want all of them so I put one in my 100gal cichlid tank for later and forgot about him
Over these past months not only has he interrogated himself into the community but he's convinced he's a silver dollar as he schools with them and freaks out if they leave him and will panic until he's with his school
He only leaves the school for food when I hand feed the fish
None of the cichlids bother him and he looks like he's alright but I know water conditions temp wise cichlids and gold fish are different
So should I move him to cold water ?
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1478016647.994602.jpg

purslanegarden

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Although he's not supposed to live in those conditions but he certainly seems to be. He also makes a cool story to tell people when they seem him schooling with those fish.

conniem2424

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Taritus said:
Hello all
About two months ago I bought some feeder goldfish for my frog jabba
However he didn't want all of them so I put one in my 100gal cichlid tank for later and forgot about him
Over these past months not only has he interrogated himself into the community but he's convinced he's a silver dollar as he schools with them and freaks out if they leave him and will panic until he's with his school
He only leaves the school for food when I hand feed the fish
None of the cichlids bother him and he looks like he's alright but I know water conditions temp wise cichlids and gold fish are different
So should I move him to cold water ?
View attachment 207367
I love how he acts like one of them. Must be very entertaining to sit and watch. I am curious as to what all fish you have in your tank.

DAB56

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
He obviously watched in horror as his tank mates got eaten alive and is now very scared the same will happen to him so he swims with the others as a safety mechanism. Sorry but i hate the idea of feeder fish.

Taritus

Valued Member
Reaction score
DAB56 said:
He obviously watched in horror as his tank mates got eaten alive and is now very scared the same will happen to him so he swims with the others as a safety mechanism. Sorry but i hate the idea of feeder fish.
I suppose that's understandable but I don't feed my fish other fish he was a feeder fish for my African bullfrog juvenile who needs the amount of protein and calcium they provide and we also must remember it's a natural thing
Most fish in the wild their diet consist of insects,plants,invertebrates and other fish: )

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom