Should I Mix Gourami And Ram Cichlid?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by ElectricBlueCrawfish1, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

Hey so I have a gourami and a German blue ram cichlid that I would like to mix in to the same tank and didn't know if it would be a good idea, it would be 30 gallon tank very well planted and might have some Otto's in the future so yeah.

2. bryangarWell Known MemberMember

What kind of gourami

3. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

A three spot, she is very nice

4. DaFishNerdValued MemberMember

How old is the three spot? Gouramis can change personalities when they get older and going from gentle to very mean quickly.

5. IboughtmykidfishWell Known MemberMember

Dont GBR need a lot warmer water than gourami? They need like 82/84 and im pretty sure thats out of the range for gouramis, unless you're breeding them...

6. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

I think that my gourami is about 2-3 and the water temp is normally around 80 degrees and GBR is 80-81, I haven't looked into them a lot tho.

7. GeorgeDaGreatValued MemberMember

my GBRs and Pearl gouramis get along fine in my 30 gallon

8. MJohnsonValued MemberMember

What temperature do you keep your tank at? What other tank mates do you have? Asking because I have a 40 gallon breeder to stock, and everyone kept warning me these 2 weren't temperature compatible. I guess there are is hope? Lol.

9. GeorgeDaGreatValued MemberMember

I keep it at 24.5C and have done for a year with no issues with any fish. I keep them with a school of rummies and kuhli loaches

10. MJohnsonValued MemberMember

Thank you.

11. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

I keep my tanks at 80-82, I have some giant danios but I am getting rid of them and I also have some ghost shrimp, I have a Cory that I would like to put in it too if y'all think that will work.

12. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

I think I am going to throw him in the tank and see what happens, I can always put him back in the 10 gallon too

13. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

Well I did, and isn't going to great the gourami is being kind of mean to the GBR so I think I am going to get a school of nano fish in the tank since it is just the 2 of them in there. Any suggestions?