Status
Not open for further replies.

Guppygills2020

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys!
sadly DD is acting a little strange again. He is eating fine, and he isn't bloated and can swim just fine when he wants to but he has been sitting motionless at the bottom of his 3 gallon bowl more often... he use to never sit still and now he keeps scaring me! i keep thinking he's dead!
I'm not sure what can be the cause.. water parameters have been checked and ammonia is at 0ppm and nitrates are at 10ppm nitrites are 0ppm ph is 7.8
His bowl is heated at 78 F, he has an airstone and a few plants and a floating betta log that he loves.
i change 20 % of water once a week but i have started bumping that to twice a week because i started an algae problem!! could the algae be the problem? it has gotten pretty bad..
last time this happened to him, he got really sick and i treated with Kanaplex when i was sure he was going to die but it isn't so bad now... should i continue with just water changes or should i treat early??
Thanks in advance <3

Da_MOJO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is it possible to raise the temp a bit? I would kick it up to about 82° (gradually) and dont feed him for a day or 2 (maybe even 3). If he's sinking to the bottom he could have an issue with his Swim Bladder. They will either float or sink. If he keeps sinking, you might want to lower the water level so he doesn't struggle so much to get to the surface. You can also try the pea trick and see if that helps him pass his blockage (if there is one).

I would hold off on the meds for now, and see what you can do "naturally". Keep up with the PWC, maybe do it daily for a week straight and see if you notice any difference.

Did you add anything new to the tank recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Weekly

Votes: 44 65.7%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 12 17.9%

Top Bottom