Should I leave medicine in to long or too short

Fishyfishyfishman
I was treating my ten gallon for internal parasites and have to leave tomorrow the medicine is api general cure. Tonight is one night before it says to do a WC but by the time I get back it will be four days after I was supposed to do. What would you recommend.

Advertisement
PlantedCommunityTank132
I would go for earlier, because you could re-dose after coming back, but if you leave it for too long, there might be other problems facing you

Advertisement
Fishyfishyfishman
Erk. I left it in. I don’t have any more. It’s endlers and Bettas. What do you think. Will they be okay? I could maybe have my dad do a water change but he might mess it up. I will walk him through it layer possibly. That would be ideal…

PlantedCommunityTank132
Are you already gone? Because if so, you could facetime him and show him. But I don't think they would take any damage

Fishyfishyfishman
Yeah we left about 7 hours ago. I might try to FaceTime him tonight. Might make my mom angry saying I’m overreacting. Buuut no. Not really

PlantedCommunityTank132
You can't be overreacting when it comes to leaving Medicine in for too long

Fishyfishyfishman
Right I agree. it could potentially be life threa. I doubt it though. At least hope so.

CindiL
I think you’re fine like I said in the other thread. Most medicines become inert after the dosing time which is why they have you re-dose, some daily some every few days.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BenjiBear
Replies
Views
david1978
Replies
Views
NathJK
Replies
Views