Should I keep the babies in a breeder net or let them loose in a tank?

wtusa1783

I have 1 clutch of 2 week old magenta mystery snails and 2 more clutches of less than a week old magenta snails. They are both currently in separate breeder nets in a bare bottom 10 gallon. Should I let the 2 week old babies loose or keep them in a breeder net for a few more weeks? My reasoning behind the breeder net is so that the babies are close to the food and don’t have to search so much. The 2 week old babies are 3x the size of the day old ones. Do you think I should give them extra space but it be harder to find food or keep them close to the food but in a smaller space?

zaydmusa

What are you feeding them? Do you have any plants or decorations covered in algae?

wtusa1783

zaydmusa said:
What are you feeding them? Do you have any plants or decorations covered in algae?
I feed them algae wafers, spinach, and green beans. Nope I just keep them in a bare tank and make sure they always have Food bc Ik they are scavengers so they need to constantly eat to grow

AquaticQueen

wtusa1783 said:
I have 1 clutch of 2 week old magenta mystery snails and 2 more clutches of less than a week old magenta snails. They are both currently in separate breeder nets in a bare bottom 10 gallon. Should I let the 2 week old babies loose or keep them in a breeder net for a few more weeks? My reasoning behind the breeder net is so that the babies are close to the food and don’t have to search so much. The 2 week old babies are 3x the size of the day old ones. Do you think I should give them extra space but it be harder to find food or keep them close to the food but in a smaller space?
I think they would be fine if you let them into the tank. Snails are scavengers and will have no problem finding the food you leave for them even if they are babies.
The one thing I would be worried about is other fish eating the babies.

wtusa1783

AquaticQueen said:
I think they would be fine if you let them into the tank. Snails are scavengers and will have no problem finding the food you leave for them even if they are babies.
The one thing I would be worried about is other fish eating the babies.
Ok. There is no fish to worry about

Top Bottom