Should I give neon tetra away?

Jonahtheplecolvr

A few months ago I had some major issues with my water and lost almost all my fish in one of my tanks. I had a small school of neon tetras and all but one of them ended up dying. I still have the little guy in my tank. Should I give him away so he can be with other tetras or just keep him and let him live his life? I dont plan on getting any more since I seem to always lose them to one problem or another.

StarGirl

If he seems at home and not hiding, acting normal I would just keep him.

otterblue

If he seems fine & not stressed I guess you could just keep him - but if you're going to be adding more fish, it might be best to give him away.

BevM

If you are going to enjoy him and take care of him properly, then keep him. Otherwise, it might be the best idea to re-home him. I can only imagine how you must be feeling.

DoubleDutch

Give it away. A shoalingfish will only thrive in a shoal. My last cardinal.moved and is still.doing great as oldest in a.shoal

Jonahtheplecolvr

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will take him to my lfs when I take in a batch of some platies that I bred. ( If I can catch him lol)

DoubleDutch

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will take him to my lfs when I take in a batch of some platies that I bred. ( If I can catch him lol)
Be sure the LFS doesn't dispose it.
If so it is of course better to keep it.

Jonahtheplecolvr

Be sure the LFS doesn't dispose it.
If so it is of course better to keep it.
My lfs wont dispose of it, he always sells them. I gave him a molly once and he ended up selling it to a breeder. He also sells a ton of tetras.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies
Views
Honem
Replies
Views
FishBoy101