Should i get my rcs from the lfs, or order them on my own?

dboll2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
they guy at thelfs said that he'd order me some rcs if i called him tomorrow to remind him

but now i am thinking about cutting out the middle man and buying some from aquabid instead

what do you think?

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I guess it would depend on price. Also at the LFS atlest you know you are taking home live animals, there are usually crappy guarantees from online sources (if you buy online and they are DOA you have to pay for shipping for the replacements *Usually*).

dboll2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Kupcake said:
I guess it would depend on price. Also at the LFS atlest you know you are taking home live animals, there are usually crappy guarantees from online sources (if you buy online and they are DOA you have to pay for shipping for the replacements *Usually*).
so you think that i should just go with the lfs?

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How much cheaper is Aquabid? My LFS sells cherry shrimp for way too much (over $2 a piece), but online I have heard of people buying in bulk for a lot less. I would compare prices and the pros and cons of ordering live stock online.

Only you can make the ultamate decision

JamesL

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Went to pet supermarket today and I asked them to check the price if I got them to order them on their next shipment - $0.98 a piece. I was ecstatic considering the next lowest price for them I found around town was a whopping $7 a piece. Ridiculous.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can get 12 RCS (usually with one or two extras in case of DOA) for abou $15 shipped. There are sellers that provide extras in case of DOAs, some credit you the cost of each dead shrimp to your paypal account, some reship for free and some reship at buyer's expense. Just read the auction info to see what a seller is doing.

The only DOA shrimp I've had have been fragile types, never RCS or yellows.

-Lisa

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads