Should I get a Goby? 55 Gallon Tank

1. gbreeder88 Member Member

I want to get a prehistoric dragon goby but idk if I can mix them with my cichlids?

2. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

It's a very cool fish, but unfortunately a dragon goby is a poor choice for your current setup for 2 major reasons. First of all, the dragon goby is a brackish water fish and as you know, your cichlids won't do well in brackish water. Second, your Africans are not compatible with the dragon goby in terms of temperament- they are far too aggressive.

3. gbreeder88 Member Member

k thanks I cant get one anyway because my LFS is out of them but tommarow hopefully im going to get a jewel cichlid and a gold alge eater

4. crazedACD Member Member

Someone might be able to advise you better, but I don't think Jewels are compatible with your other cichlids-could end bad with either fish. Also the Jaguar cichlids get huge (15" or so) and will become too large and aggressive for your tank. The OB peacock may get beaten up in the long run as well. The Demasoni might cause some serious issues in the long run as well (high aggression). If the cichlids are over 2" they will make quick work of a Juvenile Chinese Algae Eater. Dragon gobies are brackish and will likely take a beating from the cichlids. You might want to rethink your stocking list or invest in another tank to split them...in this tank I would stick to just the mbuna type cichlids.