Should I get a clown pleco?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Same question. I found my BN in the 28 dead just now when I came home from after school in one of the clay pots. When I set up my 37 in place of the 28, should I get a clown pleco instead of another BN?
Tom

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Tom,
What are your readings in the tank? It's very possible you just got a sick bristlenose, and nothing about your tank had anything to do with its death. I don't think a different kind of pleco will make any difference unless your bn was attacked by other fish in the tank because of its size, or your water conditions played a part in it. Did you acclimate it slowly to your tank?

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have no adivce, but I'm sorry you lost your pleco. :'(

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gunnie said:
Tom,
What are your readings in the tank? It's very possible you just got a sick bristlenose, and nothing about your tank had anything to do with its death. I don't think a different kind of pleco will make any difference unless your bn was attacked by other fish in the tank because of its size, or your water conditions played a part in it. Did you acclimate it slowly to your tank?
It had been in there for about 2 months and seemed fine the whole time. It was also about 5-6" so it could have died because of old age. The water is normal for the area(pH,GH,KH) and the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate were almost nothing. I will probably get another in a few days/a week, just so I don't send my new tank into a mini cycle.
Tom

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am sorry you lost your pleco too. I really love them. good luck with your next one have you decided what your going with yet?
mojo

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got another BN.
Tom

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Hopefully your new baby will do well in your tank!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do too. I put in a slice of cucumber the night I got him and there was nothing but the lead weight left in that spot. And none of my other fish like the cuc's.
Tom

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
tom, It sounds like your BN is right at home. Hope he does well. congrats.
mojo

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom