Should I get a betta...

Should I get a Betta?


  • Total voters
    4
  • Poll closed .

SterSter

Member
I am deciding if I should get a betta. Say whether or not I should get a beta and if majority says I should I’ll attempt to convince my mummy to allow me to have one.
Betta would be in own 5G tank with plants and stuff.
 

SouthAmericanCichlids

Member
Definitely! With a heater and a filter, I wouldn't see why not. And plus they all have beautiful, unique personalities, and are very fun to watch.
 

betta06

Member
I think if I could have only one fish it would be a betta. they have a huge personality and come in almost every colour imaginable and are one of the easier fish to keep
 

RelaxingBettas

Member
betta06 said:
I think if I could have only one fish it would be a betta. they have a huge personality and come in almost every colour imaginable and are one of the easier fish to keep
They're puppies, even my wild types are up to the glass trying to wiggle and get my attention, they're too sweet. If it was one fish it would be a betta. Find one and give it a good home.
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
Okie so far everyone says yes for the betta! Saturday 13 will be when the decision will be made. I want to see what more people’s opinions are for this. Thank You for your opinions everyone you will decide my fate teehee!
 

SouthAmericanCichlids

Member
Maybe you should put up a poll, so you can just look at the poll instead of counting the posts.
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
Good Idea teehee
Cast your votes everyone!
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
SouthAmericanCichlids The verse makes my christian soul happy hehe.


Ok it is unanimous.


By a whopping 3 votes (including me) it is decided that I will try to get a betta.



I asked my mom and she said that it's a possibility I just have to prove I am responsible enough.

Doing all my hw for school should do the trick .


I'll say on here when I get the betta and I will make another thread in journals for the setup for the betta tank if and when I get a betta.
 

RelaxingBettas

Member
For the record I made it a point to never do homework if it could be avoided (I have a philosophical objection ), and still managed to wrangle a full scholarship to a reputable university, responsibility is an inner virtue and like all skills, develops from practice- rote busywork assigned by government employees according to a standardized curriculum has produced a lot of folks who think it is fine to keep a clownfish in a half gallon bowl because it was advertised thusly (didn't the corporate greedmeisters give it their stamp of approval with a shiny package, and shelf space in box stores? It MUST be fine!).
This is a lot of tl;dr to say, 'don't rely on those who rise to the top of the toilet bowl that is a bureaucracy to direct your education', whatever you decide to do with homework or betta, READ AND OBSERVE FOR YOURSELF.
Now I would holler as a crotchedly old person in advice mode, 'git offa my lawn!', but I am on yours lol, so I will get back to my coffee (and let you get back to your homework ).
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
RelaxingBettas said:
For the record I made it a point to never do homework if it could be avoided (I have a philosophical objection ), and still managed to wrangle a full scholarship to a reputable university, responsibility is an inner virtue and like all skills, develops from practice- rote busywork assigned by government employees according to a standardized curriculum has produced a lot of folks who think it is fine to keep a clownfish in a half gallon bowl because it was advertised thusly (didn't the corporate greedmeisters give it their stamp of approval with a shiny package, and shelf space in box stores? It MUST be fine!).
This is a lot of tl;dr to say, 'don't rely on those who rise to the top of the toilet bowl that is a bureaucracy to direct your education', whatever you decide to do with homework or betta, READ AND OBSERVE FOR YOURSELF.
Now I would holler as a crotchedly old person in advice mode, 'git offa my lawn!', but I am on yours lol, so I will get back to my coffee (and let you get back to your homework ).

Oh yeah I agree. Homework is totally unecessary.


I only do it if I don't know the curriculum and need some more practice.


Even if some of the subjects are quite unnecessary I can't help but want to try my best in the class. Plus all my teachers check for the hw so there isn't much I could do about it.

I always do my own research though on things: if I don't understand what the heck my teacher is saying or if something seems off.


Like that clownfish in a half gallon analogy...


Something would tell me that a clownfish in a half gallon seems off so I would do my research.

I mostly want to do my hw though cause I get distracted with other greedmeister tactics (youtube algorithim, video games). I want to train myself to learn and create rather then get dumber and consume.

Yup.


This corrupt bureaucracy is feeding off the taxpayer dollars of us consumers with the intention of manipulating and exploiting our nervous system so we purchase an excess of things to consume. Only fueling the drive of our oppressors to produce more useless things (like some school subjects) and controlling us further all so they can have more money so they can increase militia size and fund wars with nations overseas. They don't care about our wellbeing just our money.

But thats just a theory....


A probably whats happening theory...


Thank You for your insight I strive to sort through the coal and the gold every day.


What I learn that I deem useless I grab all the worksheets and chuck them in storage and forget everything about it. That way I can make room in my head and focus about more important stuff like making my fish and other pets happy and my wellbeing.
 

betta06

Member
SterSter said:
SouthAmericanCichlids The verse makes my christian soul happy hehe.


Ok it is unanimous.


By a whopping 3 votes (including me) it is decided that I will try to get a betta.



I asked my mom and she said that it's a possibility I just have to prove I am responsible enough.

Doing all my hw for school should do the trick .


I'll say on here when I get the betta and I will make another thread in journals for the setup for the betta tank if and when I get a betta.
good luck on getting your new betta
exited to see his tank setup I will be watching
 

cjen112

Member
Being a responsible betta owner has nothing to do with school homework. You need to research the right care for your betta fish, for example what tank size, what temperature, what/when/how how much to feed, what kind of filter, and the most important thing how to test the water weekly and siphon for every week for as long as the betta lives. If I was your mom, I would be much more impressed by you knowing how to properly take care of a fish than if you did your homework for a short while.
 

betta06

Member
cjen112 said:
Being a responsible betta owner has nothing to do with school homework. You need to research the right care for your betta fish, for example what tank size, what temperature, what/when/how how much to feed, what kind of filter, and the most important thing how to test the water weekly and siphon for every week for as long as the betta lives. If I was your mom, I would be much more impressed by you knowing how to properly take care of a fish than if you did your homework for a short while.
I also agree homework will help but most important is learning how to properly care for the animal...that is what got me my snake and fish
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
Oh my mom knows I can take care of the animals...


She just needs to know that I have time for them.


I know this cause she told me so...


She said that if I can put my responsibilities (like hw) before gaming and tv, then she will consider.

I always take care of all my pets before anything else she is just concerned if I will have time for them with school and stuff.
 
  • Thread Starter

SterSter

Member
Created another poll deciding the type of betta I should get.

I'll let the community make these decisions for me heh.

CHOICE IS YOURS!

Wild or Fancy
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom