Should I Euthanize My Wcmm?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Fish is thin and seems to have curvature of the spine. Should I just euthanize? It is the only fish showing these symptoms.

What should I treat my tank with just in case?
IMG_20180510_211124.jpg

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, diseases aren’t really my thing but yes I’d suggest euthanasia for this fish, he’s very skinny, as for what might have caused it I’ll leave to others to answer

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fahn said:
Was running late and didn't get a chance to see
Well poodles. I hate running late but I always seemed to. Let us know when you can?

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks more like a birth defect than a disease. If it's swimming around and eating, let it be. If it looks like it has trouble swimming, maybe euthanize.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
How does the fish look this morning? @Coradee @scarface @Hunter1 does this look like wasting away?
I saw this thread earlier, but unfortunately, I didn’t have a good answer to give. Or at least not a clear one. I had a similar situation with my Golden White Cloud. It had the same spinal curvature and caved-in belly.

I don’t really euthenize unless they really look like they’re about to die or I just wait it out and see what happens. The issue, whatever it was, with mine eventually corrected itself, even the spine.

I never figured out what it was.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
DarkOne said:
Looks more like a birth defect than a disease. If it's swimming around and eating, let it be. If it looks like it has trouble swimming, maybe euthanize.
It's swimming but is very thin. When offered food it's not eating.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fahn said:
Noticed several days ago
So not a birth defect.
If you have time, go to the aquarium forum tab then scroll down to fish diseases. Or put in the search space wasting disease and check to see if your little guy is having those same problems. If it is wasting away, or wasting disease, wasting sickness (heard it called all three) you’d need to treat the whole tank. Since I can’t see the little guy, I’d feel better if you checked this out. Hopefully you’ll find better news. Keep us posted? Please?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom