Should I do something about this one’s bent pelvic fin?

MatthiasA
We got these 2 angels recently and one of them seems to have what I believe is “net damage”, should I let it heal on it’s own or should I do a quick surgical trim? It’s hard to see, but it’s left fin is bent.

Note: this is our quarantine tank not our primary aquarium(s), all fish are either in there for quarantine or in there due to a Cyanobacteria outbreak in their aquarium.

LowConductivity
MatthiasA said:
We got these 2 angels recently and one of them seems to have what I believe is “net damage”, should I let it heal on it’s own or should I do a quick surgical trim? It’s hard to see, but it’s left fin is bent.

Note: this is our quarantine tank not our primary aquarium(s), all fish are either in there for quarantine or in there due to a Cyanobacteria outbreak in their aquarium.
Ventral fin

If its recently broken and "dangling", wait and see if it heals on its own. If its an old would, and is healing at an angle, a quick trim might get it to heal straight the next time. Careful not to go too short, or there won't be any regeneration of the fin

Latest threads

Top Bottom