Should I Create Another Book That Gives A Full Guide To Growing Aquatic Plants Outside In The Sun?

Should I create a book that gives a complete guide to growing aquatic plants outdoors in direct sun?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vishaquatics

Well Known
HI Fishlore,

Just wondering if there is demand or interest for a book like this. I haven't found one like it so far and I've received quite a lot of questions on my setups so I'm wondering if there is actual interest for projects like these.

I would be giving a guide to create something like this:
IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
-Mak- said:
I’d read it! Maybe a pdf or ebook could reach more people
Thanks! Definitely planning to do the ebook. I just published my first ebook on amazon which is a guide to selling aquatic livestock online.

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfi...ish-invertebrates-aquatic-plants-9-99.402578/

I went Super in depth on creating efficient setups and properly marketing the livestock but it’s not been doing well. It got considerably downvoted on r/Aquaswap. Not sure if writing a book on growing aquatic plants in direct sunlight would be successful at all so hence the poll

Fishcat

Well Known
I think it would be a very useful book, but I probably wouldn’t buy it just now - too many items I need more, and since I don’t currently have a space to dedicate to outdoor cultivation, I couldn’t quite justify it to myself. So I am being slightly obnoxious by suggesting you do work without planning to contribute to it myself. I did not know about your other book, though, and I’m seriously considering that one.

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Fishcat said:
I think it would be a very useful book, but I probably wouldn’t buy it just now - too many items I need more, and since I don’t currently have a space to dedicate to outdoor cultivation, I couldn’t quite justify it to myself. So I am being slightly obnoxious by suggesting you do work without planning to contribute to it myself. I did not know about your other book, though, and I’m seriously considering that one.
Thank you for the input! It definitely isn't obnoxious at all, I just didn't know if it was a topic that actually interested people.

FishMommer

Cool. But I am guessing the book is geared to those living in a warm climate? Sounds like a great idea either way. Jealous. But I do love all my seasons!

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
FishMommer said:
Cool. But I am guessing the book is geared to those living in a warm climate? Sounds like a great idea either way. Jealous. But I do love all my seasons!
Most likely yes, for those that live in CA, AZ, FL, TX, etc but a lot of people do summer tubbing across the nation.

FishMommer

Vishaquatics (Koiman) said:
etc but a lot of people do summer tubbing across the nation.
Ha. Novel idea! Hadn't considered that. Sounds like a fun science project too. Would be fun to try.

FishMommer

So maybe this is a dumb question, but is there a link for purchasing plants from Vishaquatics?

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
I’d definitely buy it if you can make it into a pdf file? Step by step, total cost, recommended plants, possibly get scientific for your reasoning? coloring page at the end(jk lol), etc.

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
bryangar said:
I’d definitely buy it if you can make it into a pdf file? Step by step, total cost, recommended plants, possibly get scientific for your reasoning? coloring page at the end(jk lol), etc.
Cool! If I were to make it an eBook, would you still buy it? I want to refrain from selling it via pdf because atleast using an eBook format prevents people from just sending the copy anywhere whereas with a pdf, one person can buy it and then send it to anyone (not saying you would do that, but still a concern of mine making it a pdf).

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Vishaquatics (Koiman) said:
Cool! If I were to make it an eBook, would you still buy it? I want to refrain from selling it via pdf because atleast using an eBook format prevents people from just sending the copy anywhere whereas with a pdf, one person can buy it and then send it to anyone (not saying you would do that, but still a concern of mine making it a pdf).
Sure! Is that purchased through amazon or something?

OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
bryangar said:
Sure! Is that purchased through amazon or something?
Yes, it is available through Amazon. My current book is also available on Amazon. It is free if you have Kindle Unlimited.

New Threads