Should I clean the glass while I'm cycling?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey, well my inside glass has been looking very cloudy I haven't cleaned it because I thought it might prolong or mess up the cycling process but I'm wondering if this is right? my water is clear it's the glass that isn't. Should u keep leaving ut alone or clean it?

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is it algae that's on the glass or something else?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No it's not algae it just has like a film on the inside glass that makes it not as clear.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would leave it alone, cycling with fish is already touchy as it is, so I'd just focus on keeping the water params right and keep any major changes minimal.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you clean the tank and decorations etc thoroughly before filling?

I have seen this occur as a result of the glass and decorations not being cleaned properly before use. Not saying that this is the cause, just something i've seen in the past.

That said, I would leave it be for a few weeks and see if it subsides. Cycling can result in a number of things seeming to be 'a problem', but once it all settles and the little ecosystem is up and running, everything becomes 'normal'

If it persists when cycling has finished, then I would look at cleaning it off.

Furallicah

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
IMO; My 25gal goldie tank does the same thing with my two goldfish. Every water change I have to wipe down my inside glass to clean it up. Its harmless other then that. You can leave it while you cycle or you can remove it. If you want leave it until you are cycled its a good sign to see it in your tank...What are you using to cycle your tank with?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks guys. I cleaned everything before adding. I have 4 zebra danios and I use Amquel+.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads