Should I Be Worried?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by siameseAmethyst, Apr 16, 2018.

1. siameseAmethyst

siameseAmethyst Valued Member Member

I've noticed this little bump getting bigger on the bottom of my Bettas top fin kinda joining to his back and its a bit bigger on one side than on the other, just wondering if I should be worried or not? I think his got a mild case of fin rot too -_- I'm treating that with at least 25% water changes every day, his been on and off with it for over a month now though, just when i think his better he gets it again and starts getting little hols in his top fin :/
    His levels seem fine, the amonia was a little high about 2 weeks ago though, I got that down with water changes and some seachem aquaguard.
    Amonia now -0
    Nitrite- 0
    Nitrate- 5-10
    Ph- 7.2--7.8 20180416_190115.jpg 20180416_190025.jpg 20180416_190122.jpg

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Unless it affects his everyday life, such as swimming, eating, or anything in general, then I wouldn’t be worried.

3. Iverg1

Iverg1 Well Known Member Member

Looks like he bumped or bruised himself how old is he. I know bettas spines curve a bit when older. That looks like a broken back to me

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

There's nothing wrong with his back, it's the small bump at the start of the dorsal fin.

5. A. Rozhin

A. Rozhin Valued Member Member

I'd be more worried about what looks like popeye in his left eye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice