Should i be worried?

1. bkaiser3 Member Member

My 75 gallon tank, planted with real and fake plants, has 3 black angels, 2 gold gouramis(both females), and 2 german blue rams. I just introduced a green severum and a rainbow cichlid. The angels and gouramis are chasing the 2 new fish around a little bit. Should i be worried? There hasnt been any fighting or stare down contests just a little chasing. Is this because the fish are new and the old ones are getting acclimated? Or is this a concern?

2. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I wouldn't be worried unless you see a good amount of lip locking or you see any actual damage.

You sound like you have a large amount of "big fish" in that 75. A green severum may outgrow the 75 or at least take up a lot of room. They can get pretty large. However, I've known people that have kept severums to max size in a 75 and they lived a long happy life. Rotkiel severums "supposedly" don't get quite as large as the regular sevs or the gold sevs. But I'm not sure how accurate that is.

I think the stocking could be fine. But it could also not work. It will come down to the temperament of your fish.

3. bkaiser3 Member Member

Its been a few hours now and you can already tell a difference. The rainbow and severum swim around the angels and gouramis and there isnt any problems. I havent decided yet but if any fish get rehomed it will be the gouramis. But its my goal to have a 125 or 150 gallon by the beginning of next year to help with the space.

4. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

I like that idea. Gourami's would be the first I'd rehome as well. BUT if there are no issues I'd stick with it. Sounds like a beautiful tank.

5. bkaiser3 Member Member

I am very happy with it. How do i post pictures?

6. tyguy7760 Fishlore VIP Member

There is a forum on how to post pics. But since I'm on the ap I can't find it

7. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member