Should i add an air stone to my dead zone?

Nickguy5467

to explain. my 29g tank has a dead zone on the left side of the tank where my large sword is. i was thinking of placing an airstone one the left front area to add some motion in the water of that area. i dont know if this is a good or bad idea, being right in front of my sword? i mean it sounds like a good idea to me, but im not smart :p.

this is the airstone i got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VQQFQLK?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

this is the pump i got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096S5HX65?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

i bought an airpump that supports it. though it has 2 connections and came with its own tiny airstones. so im thinking of getting another one with one port that works.. anyway.. lul... would this be a decent idea for the deadzone? the hob doesnt really send any flow over there so i thought i would create another source?

i removed the grass in that area and gave the corys time to clean up the area so i would be able to place that thing there. i got the large one. the 4" inch one(see link) hope thats not too much. but the pump i have or would get would be adjustable regardless

note: i currently have stone running in a 10 gallon that has nothing but decor and one anubias plant init, but i was curious how it worked. it seems to work fine, but in a small tank like a 10, its pretty crazy on high and manageable on low . lul

IMG_20220807_123726589.jpg

KingOscar

It will aid water flow, yes, but if you place it in front it will block the view of everything behind it. When I add air stones I like to place them behind a rock, plant, or some other decoration. Even buried it in the substrate and ran straight airlines under the gravel to a corner of the tank to aid aesthetics. They can add a peaceful look especially when regulated to a gentle flow.

Nickguy5467

It will aid water flow, yes, but if you place it in front it will block the view of everything behind it. When I add air stones I like to place them behind a rock, plant, or some other decoration. Even buried it in the substrate and ran straight airlines under the gravel to a corner of the tank to aid aesthetics. They can add a peaceful look especially when regulated to a gentle flow.
unfortunately its the only place i could put it. i probably should have gotten the smaller one. lul .

i guess though . im mostly worried if it will cause a problem to the sword? like would it mind if it had a constant upside down shower partly touching it? ive herd about plants not liking too much motion. i think it was anubias? i dont remember. im not good at remembering things >.>

edit note: i moved the small sword on the right to the back. so maybe there? i would have to remove more grass and wait for cory clean-up again :p

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
OverSpun
  • Question
Replies