should i accept aquaticmagics offer?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by monkeypie102, Dec 28, 2012.

1. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Okay so here is the deal... last month i ordered 5 nano marimo moss balls from aquaticmagic on eBay and they ended up sending me fake marimo moss balls (rouge believes it to be Java moss) however after 2 weeks I finally get an email from them after sending them the link to the original thread that we talked about it... here was the reply I got today...
    Should i take the offer or just say its fine :/ also what's with the asking me to re roll the balls? It its not ment to grow that way why make it?

2. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Wow. I'm surprised. I've bought through them, and they've always been amazing. I wonder if they're reselling, and didn't check their product or something.

Anyway, if it were me, I'd accept their offer, hold off on feedback until I get the replacements, and then go from there. If the replacements are actually marimo, then everything's good.
    What they're offering is exactly what I was taught to do when I worked in fast food. If you make a mistake, fix it, at your cost, and give the customer something extra for the issue. You'll be getting the product you wanted for free, which is the something extra. They're showing they're willing to fix their mistakes, hoping that they won't lose you as a customer.

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I too say go ahead and take the deal. If you don't, then you can't complain because from what I read, THEY ARE trying to make amends and set things right.

Something I should have done myself when I got my "marimo's" -

Good luck and let us know how your new ones turn out.... :)

4. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I agree.
    It sounds like great customer service.

5. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Alright i accepted but told them the positive rep will be help off u til the marimos I get are indeed the real thing.

6. sirdarksol

sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

Sounds reasonable to me.

7. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

I do think they're trying to make amends, so I agree with what most people have said about this.

There is someone here on the forum who is a legit seller of marimo balls, you can PM me for their ID if you wish. Or you can get from this seller on ebay who has 100% feedback, and I've gotten real marimo balls from. They're amazing.

http://myworld.ebay.com/plantsx?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

8. OP
    OP
    monkeypie102

Thanks for his link :) I think i may buy 6 bags from him do you remember how many marimos he had in the bag?

9. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a great call on your part. I agree fully with it and it is exactly what I would have done in your shoes.

As someone who also works in sales from time to time it is the way things are expected. That said, your package should arrive in a timely manner and be what you are looking for, if not photos the whole way thru the process and send them the photos with descriptions calmly written out explaining why things are unacceptable.

10. Orion5

Orion5 Well Known Member Member

When I bought mine I purchased them individually, so there wasn't really mention of bulk purchases. Best to ask the seller.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice