Shorty's tank.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Shorty, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ShortyValued MemberMember

These are pics of the tank whilst it was cycling and some after with the danio's (I rehomed them) and the harlequins.

clear.gif

clear.gif

I hope that worked and that the pics don't come out HUGE :)

Attached Files:

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

sweet tank

3. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

cool 8)

4. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Cool what all do you have in there.

5. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Nice tank. Love the guppies.
    Carol

6. Labeo55New MemberMember

Ditto, on Butterfly.

7. CraigWell Known MemberMember

great tank!! well done

C W

8. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful tank! I LOVE harlequin rasboras - they're so pretty.

9. ShortyValued MemberMember

I have 6 harlies, they are the chequered crew :) 3 Guppies, Tarquin, Pheobe and Penelope, 3 Platy, John, Sylvia and Shirley and the 3 cory cats, the Base Posse :)

That is my lot for now, I do plan on getting an algae eater at some point but not sure what kind as I am running short of space I think, any ideas are welcomed.

10. ShortyValued MemberMember

Heeheeeheee I got a big one :)

I have just collected my new tank today, it has water and gravel so far and not a fat lot of anything else - besdies that reall cool root looking decoration - I know it needs filling with all things wonderful and I am getting round to that - It will be fishless cycled so I have loads of time to get it right :)

OOh there is a towel on the floor because we had a disaster with the hose pipe - Lol, the puppy pulled it out of the tank when I was filling it up :)

clear.gif

11. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Shorty, lol, what kind of a puppy do you have? I love dogs! You reminded me of a story with my cat, lol. When I bought my 30 gallon tank and was filling it with water, my kitty - very young at the time - apparently thought the tank was empty and ... she jumped in. You can only imagine the rest, LOL ;D I thought I was going to die of laughter. I had no slightest suspicion she'd be capable of doing this! She was just sitting there and watching what I was doing, and then, all of a sudden, she dived in, haha ...

12. ShortyValued MemberMember

This is my puppy

clear.gif

She is a border collie called Jess.

I know technically she shouldn't be on here cause she isn't a fish or a tank -  but hey she is gorgeous, and I bet we could fit a few fish in her :) (lol, J/K)

13. ShortyValued MemberMember

Oops that didn't work......

14. ShortyValued MemberMember

Here she is.

clear.gif

15. CraigWell Known MemberMember

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IM LOVIN THE NEW TANK!! GOOD LUCK WITH IT I REALLY NEED 2 GET A BIGGER TANK 1 DAY LOL

THE PUPPY LOOKS CLASS SHE IS LEGENDARY !!!!!!!! JESS IS A GR8 NAME CANT WAIT 2 GET A DOG WHEN I GET MY OWN PLACE !!

C W

16. ShortyValued MemberMember

Well I have had my own place now for a while and i am loving the freedom to have what I want where I want it - don't get me wrong I love my parents - but hey everyone needs their own space eventually :) Jess is ace - a little naughty at times - but then she is only 10 months old :) Bless her little cotton socks :) - she also likes the fish - she sits are stares at the tank for ages watching them zoom about :) - As does my cat - but I think she had dinner time on her mind :)

17. IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Shorty, lol, what a cute dog! I love her ears! And her face expression, lol. I'm gonna steal that dog from you! As for having your own place, I completely understand you. I still live with my parents and I also love them, of course, however there's nothing better than being independent. The reason I am still with them is that, this way, it's easier to study for me. Higher education in NY is so expensive, and so is rent. I don't think I'd manage to study full time and to work full time - all at once - and this is what I'd have to do if I were on my own. It's either studying full time, or working full time - but not both. I really care about my academic standing, so I choose to devote myself to school for now. As for work, it's only part time right now. I can't wait to be done with school!

18. CraigWell Known MemberMember

lol!!!!! meh, indeed!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

C W

19. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Nice new tank, 55 gallons for gallon people, I like it. One thing I'd do is take off the background and get a plain black or blue background, I find they look SOOO much nicer and more natural. What plants are you planning on getting. I'm going to a fish store today too and getting some plecos. I can't wait. O what are you planning on stocking in there or are you just going to move the fish into the bigger tank because some fish will eat your plants if you get them then you just wasted your money :'(.

Austin

20. ShortyValued MemberMember

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

All planted. I still have some bogwood to go in, it is soaking at the moment though and I will probably change the whole thing around about 92 times before I am happy :)

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice